Problem with Python mode & Alpha editor (Mac)
Author Message
 Problem with Python mode & Alpha editor (Mac)

~I've just started experimenting with python on my home Macintosh and
~installed the Python Mode for the Alpha editor.  Everything seems to be
~there (help files, etc.) under the Python menu and the help menu, however,
~the keyword coloring doesn't seem to be working when I load a .py file.
~Note that is does work with Alpha reading HTML, LaTeX, and other program
~files.

You have to restart Alpha to get everything to work.
~
~I suspect I made some blunder in the installation and would like to
~un-install it and do a fresh install, but I'm not sure where the install
~script placed all its goodies.  Also, I believe a few Alpha files were
~updated in the process and those need to be cleaned out, only, which ones?

Use Config:Deconstuct....

Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Python mode & Alpha editor (Mac)

Quote:
> I've just started experimenting with Python on my home Macintosh and
> installed the Python Mode for the Alpha editor.  Everything seems to be
> there (help files, etc.) under the Python menu and the help menu, however,
> the keyword coloring doesn't seem to be working when I load a .py file.

I had the same problem, and fixed it by replacing the line that reads
something like

source src:...[whatever]...:PythonKeys.tcl

in PythonMode.tcl with

source $HOME:Tcl:Modes:PythonKeys.tcl

/ Gordon.

Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python mode on Macintosh Alpha editor?

2. Python mode for Alpha editor

3. Xemacs & font-lock-mode in python-mode

4. Python mode for Alpha

5. Python Mode for Alpha ?

6. Editor using Python / Editor written in Python

7. Improved Python mode in free NEdit Editor 5.0.2 for X11

8. Request for Python editor modes

9. Mac Editor for Python Code?

10. file modes in Mac Python (frustrating)

11. false alarm - RTFM [was: [PYTHONMAC-SIG] file modes in Mac Python]

12. VRML mode for Alpha (text editor on the Mac)?