Slightly Off Topic : restrictions on the response part in a SOAP-response
Author Message
 Slightly Off Topic : restrictions on the response part in a SOAP-response

Hi,

Just wondering if I could put whatever XML I want into the response-part of
a SOAP-response.

Like :

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <xmlns:m="http://someurl/m" />
    <m:doc>
     ... HUGE amount of XML-data ...
    </m:doc>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The examples I've seen so far is more like calling a function that adds to
numbers and returns the sum. In real life I'd like to return a bit more info
in each request.

Thomas

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 02:20:24 GMT
 Slightly Off Topic : restrictions on the response part in a SOAP-response

Quote:

> Just wondering if I could put whatever XML I want into the response-part of
> a SOAP-response.

I think definite answers to that can be best found in the SOAP
specification,

http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/

My understanding is that section 5 (SOAP Encoding) is optional, and
that you can use whatever content for the body as long as you declare
the encoding properly (i.e. define your own encoding).

If you want to follow section 5, you must have a schema definition for
all the elements you want to use.

Regards,
Martin

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:08:20 GMT

1. Function return values revisted (response to response)

2. Python 2.1.1 ASP/Response object does not HONOR Response.End()

3. httplib: response.read() vs response.read(size)

4. Z/90, S/390, 370/ESA (slightly off topic)

5. STC versus JOB (off topic slightly)

6. HFS - slightly off topic

7. VisualWorks and VirtualPC 5.x - slightly off topic

8. Slightly off-topic... Network backup

9. slightly off topic: esc codes for BJ-30 or/and Epson LQ

10. Slightly off-topic question about sine waves

11. Java (slightly off topic

12. Java (slightly off topic)