big ints & elliptic curves
Author Message
 big ints & elliptic curves

Is there any good library for multi-precision arithmetics in Python? Also
looking for elliptic curve implementations.
Thanks

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:00:29 GMT
 big ints & elliptic curves

Quote:

> Is there any good library for multi-precision arithmetics in Python? Also

google(python arbitrary precision)

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 02:33:25 GMT
 big ints & elliptic curves

Quote:

> Is there any good library for multi-precision arithmetics in Python? Also

   Python alread has long integers of unlimited precision. For floats,
download and install GMPy: http://gmpy.sourceforge.net/

Oleg.

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 02:26:03 GMT
 big ints & elliptic curves

Quote:

> Is there any good library for multi-precision arithmetics in Python? Also
> looking for elliptic curve implementations.

In my experience you'll have a hard time getting acceptable
performance for elliptic curve calculations using Python.  I ended up
using Haskell, I think...

Cheers,
M.

--
  ... Windows proponents tell you that it will solve things that
  your Unix system people keep telling you are hard.  The Unix

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:12:58 GMT
 big ints & elliptic curves

Quote:

> Is there any good library for multi-precision arithmetics in Python? Also
> looking for elliptic curve implementations.

Python already includes a long int type (implemented in C) whose performance
isn't so bad.  For more speed you can use gmpy.

Using either the built-in arithmetic or gmpy to implement elliptic curve
arithmetic in GF(p) should give acceptable results.  For GF(2**N),

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cryptkit/

includes a python port of Mike Rosing's package.

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:11:11 GMT

1. Elliptic Curve IC

2. LOGO-L> curved hilbert curve

3. Fractals,spline curves,bezier curves

4. INTs, IRQs & PMode

5. A BIG BIG thanks and a merry Xmas

6. REXX, Big Swap & Traps

7. SelectStart & End on big MLE

8. little & big endian

9. BIG problem with BIG designs in SYNOPSYS

10. Examples of big VHDL codes for big Altera chips

11. BIG BIG PROBLEM. Please reply

12. big arrays cause big object files in g77