Rtaudio: Sound I/O and real-time audio processing
Author Message
 Rtaudio: Sound I/O and real-time audio processing

I have released version 0.01 of my Rtaudio wrapper module for
Python/Linux/ALSA. It provides the following:

* Wrappers for the ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) drivers,
  which enable a very easy sound I/O for many sound cards (playback,
  capture, and duplex I/O). Audio samples are transferred using the
  array class from the Numerical Module.

* Wrappers for the mlockall() and sched_set_scheduler() system calls,
  which enable real-time scheduling on Linux and POSIX.4 conformant
  systems.

* Some C routines which provide duplex filtering with a finite
  response filter and latencies in the range of 1 to 2 milliseconds.
  (To warrant such low latencies without dropouts, kernel patches are
  currently necessary). The filtering runs in a own C thread, and it
  is possible to read samples and change filter coefficients while
  filtering in the background.

* Some examples, including playing tone sweeps, a Shepard-like tone
  complex, and duplex I/O.

o Support for 24-bit sound cards is planned.

Download (and some thoughts and observations about algorithm
development and real-time audio processing with Python/Linux) at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

It is probably still very buggy... I'm just beginning to understand
how extending python works.

Many thanks for the amount of help I received.

Yawning-but-happy, Johannes

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rtaudio: Sound I/O and real-time audio processing

2. Rtaudio: Wrappers for ALSA and real-time audio processing

3. Rtaudio: Wrappers for ALSA and real-time audio processing

4. "real time" audio code

5. Real Time Sound Input

6. Real-time sound synthesis on PC?

7. Time to REAL & REAL to time

8. REAL TIME TRANSACTION PROCESSING PROGRAMMER

9. REAL TIME processing

10. REAL TIME TRANSACTION PROCESSING PROGRAMMER

11. REAL TIME TRANSACTION PROCESSING PROGRAMMER

12. Real-Time Embedded OS Device Drivers for LAN/WAN Devices