Building python on HPUX-10.2
Author Message
 Building python on HPUX-10.2

I have successfully built python on a number of diffent platforms, but
I'm having serious problems on HPUX 10.2. I go through the normal
configure/make procedure, but the make crashes right away, when it is
trying to link the first object (pgen), because it can't find the
correct dl library (?).

Has anyone successfully compiled Python on HPUX-10.*? If so, what
configure string did you use?

Rick

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Building python on HPUX-10.2
I have built python successfully on several HPUX 10.2 boxes using GCC.

If you are using the basic cc compiler, you might have problems. If
you have the full development version, I don't know. On one machine I
had to install GCC, (hmmm that might have been because of one of the
libraries I was linking now that I think if it.) GNU make is also a
good idea...

Another gotcha is that once compiled, it might fail the fcntl tests.
see
http://x22.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=517003463&CONTEXT=956184259.663814174
for how to fix this

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:14:10 -0700, "Richard P. Muller"

Quote:

>I have successfully built python on a number of diffent platforms, but
>I'm having serious problems on HPUX 10.2. I go through the normal
>configure/make procedure, but the make crashes right away, when it is
>trying to link the first object (pgen), because it can't find the
>correct dl library (?).

>Has anyone successfully compiled Python on HPUX-10.*? If so, what
>configure string did you use?

>Rick

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Building python on HPUX-10.2

Quote:

>I have built python successfully on several HPUX 10.2 boxes using GCC.

>If you are using the basic cc compiler, you might have problems. If
>you have the full development version, I don't know. On one machine I
>had to install GCC, (hmmm that might have been because of one of the
>libraries I was linking now that I think if it.) GNU make is also a
>good idea...

>Another gotcha is that once compiled, it might fail the fcntl tests.
>see
>http://x22.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=517003463&CONTEXT=956184259.663814174
>for how to fix this

                        .
                        .
                        .
It *is* possible to generate a correct Python with the bundled
HP-UX compiler.  There are a lot of problems with that compiler,
though, and majority sentiment is that it's easier just to install
GCC.  If there's sufficient interest, I can unpack my notes on the
subject.  I generally wait for provocation before doing so, as I
don't have convenient access to HP-UX these days.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Building python on HPUX-10.2

You might want to try the HP-UX porting and archive center, which has
Python 1.5.2 prepackaged (and lots of other stuff):

  http://hpux.ced.tudelft.nl/hppd/hpux/Languages/python-1.5.2/

Good luck.
Xaveer

Quote:
> I have successfully built python on a number of diffent platforms, but
> I'm having serious problems on HPUX 10.2. I go through the normal
> configure/make procedure, but the make crashes right away, when it is
> trying to link the first object (pgen), because it can't find the
> correct dl library (?).
> Has anyone successfully compiled Python on HPUX-10.*? If so, what
> configure string did you use?
> Rick

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SmallEiffel on HPUX 10, anyone ?

2. debugging f90 with xdb on HPUX B.10.20

3. scotty on HPUX-10.20

4. tkps-2.0 and Tcl-8.0 under HPUX-10.20

5. Q: compiling TK on HPUX V10.10

6. Problems building Python for HPUX-A.09

7. ANNOUNCE: Python 10 Birds of a Feather session on a Python distributed transaction framework

8. ANNOUNCE: Python 10 Birds of a Feather session on a Python persistence framework

9. python parsing question from a python newbie (though coding for 10 years)

10. Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x

11. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash...

12. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2