How can I mask passwords w/ raw_input()?
Author Message
 How can I mask passwords w/ raw_input()?

Does anyone know of a way to mask user entries using raw_input( )?

My script includes a prompt for a password and I don't want other users to
be able to see the password being entered.  I thought I read about a way to
do this in the documentation, but now I can't seem to find it.  I'm
currently developing in dos/Win95.

I'd appreciate any help.

-Leif

Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I mask passwords w/ raw_input()?

Quote:
> My script includes a prompt for a password and I don't want other users to
> be able to see the password being entered.  I thought I read about a way to
> do this in the documentation, but now I can't seem to find it.  I'm
> currently developing in dos/Win95.

If you are happy to be win95/nt specific, and have Pythonwin
installed, look for "dlgpass.py" somewhere in the distribution - it
pops up a password dialog (even from a console program).

Mark.

Check out python - _the_ language for the Web/CGI/Windows/MFC/Unix/etc
<http://www.python.org> & <http://www.python.org/ftp/python/pythonwin>

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. raw_input on password

2. Mask password entry and diable Esc button

3. Masking input for Password field in CA-Dbfast

4. >Masking input for Password field in CA-dBFast

5. Password Masking

6. masking password in text based app

7. CA Cans VO ?

8. It's not bad canned meat...