Problems installing pythonwin - I'm stumped 
Author Message
 Problems installing pythonwin - I'm stumped

        I'm trying to install pythonwin on Windows 95.  I keep getting an error 41,
- general error copying file.
         I doubled checked to make sure I'm installing the correct version
(pythonwin-09-3.exe), I cleaned out all files in all directories called tmp,
temp, or tmpdir.  I also deleted all files starting with disk*.* on all
drives as well as anything starting with py*.* (from previous python
installation attempts.) I tried copying all of the distribution files to one
directory, and in two seperate directories.  I installed to and from three
different drives, free space on the drives varying from 50 to 350 megs. I
tried booting windows into safe mode and doing the installation and I tried
installing from floppies.  All to no avail.  Like I said I'm really stumped.
        I know in OS/2 we have binary *.lvl files that log installed programs and
it can cause problems if the program being installed conflicts with
something already logged in the lvl file.  Is there something equivelant to
this in windows that I'm missing?
        Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Roman



Wed, 30 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problems installing pythonwin - I'm stumped

Quote:
>    I'm trying to install pythonwin on Windows 95.  I keep getting an error 41,
> - general error copying file.
>     I doubled checked to make sure I'm installing the correct version
> (pythonwin-09-3.exe), I cleaned out all files in all directories called tmp,

Sorry to do this to you, but try "pythonwin-09-5.exe".  This can be
found at ftp.nightmare.com, and should be at www.python.org very
soon.

Also very soon, there should be a new set of "Download instructions"
at www.python.org.  These new files point to a new "manual install"
option, which you can use if the setup does not work on your system.

However, I have made some changes to the setup procedure, so I would
be very very interested to hear if the setup process for 09-5 works.

Quote:
>    I know in OS/2 we have binary *.lvl files that log installed programs and
> it can cause problems if the program being installed conflicts with
> something already logged in the lvl file.  Is there something equivelant to
> this in windows that I'm missing?
>    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Unfortunately not.  The tool I am using doesnt seem too flash :-(  It
came for free with the C compiler...

Mark.
----------------------------------------



Wed, 30 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problems installing pythonwin - I'm stumped
Quote:
> However, I have made some changes to the setup procedure, so I would
> be very very interested to hear if the setup process for 09-5 works.

No it does't! It stops at about 80% saying my target disk is full! I
tried the Win95/NT version.

/fn



Sat, 03 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. PythonWin won't install

2. proc global problem - I'm completely stumped

3. Problems Installing PythonWin:

4. Problems Installing PythonWin:

5. Problem installing pythonwin

6. 'make install' problems

7. installing problem for 'expect'

8. Minor 7.5a1 'make install' problem

9. An AWK poser that's stumped a novice

10. Okay, I'm stumped.

11. error 19 - i'm stumped - snip [1/1]

12. I'm Stumped ...

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software