opening a lockfile
Author Message
 opening a lockfile

I'm trying to use lockfiles from within python and can't figure out
the equivalent of the C call

    open("/tmp/foo", O_CREAT | O_EXCL | O_RDWR);

It looks like none of the file opening methods give me this feature,
though I'm very new to Python and may easily be overlooking something
obvious.

So, does anyone know how to do this, or do I have write an module in
C?

Thanks.

--
Tod A. Olson                        "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

The University of Chicago Library    come here," said the Cat.

Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using open and then LockFile for a file

2. lockfile problem

3. creating lockfiles

4. Realbasic opens a window without a NewDocument event on opening the application

5. Closing an open browsebox when another browsebox opens

6. File Open, or not Open, question

7. Opening Child on MDI open

8. OPEN(VIEW) without OPEN(FILE)

9. P1275/Open Firmware/Open Boot newsgroup?

10. LV5 VISA Open vs LV6 VISA Open

11. Open Source/Open Science conference announcement

12. VM Open Edition and MVS/ESA Open Edition