Where to find all functions that can be bound to keys in Pythowin
Author Message
 Where to find all functions that can be bound to keys in Pythowin

I can find some of them just by looking at default.cfg and IDLE.cfg.
But where do I find the full story?

oivvio

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Where to find all functions that can be bound to keys in Pythowin
You have to look through the sources :-(

But take heed - if you can't find what you want, you can write your
own :-)

For example, Neil Hodgson wrote a new event I include below.
Unfortunately, it is not documented that MFC binds "F6" to this exact
process, so the code as shown isnt that useful other than as a custom
event sample...

---
The place to look for the split window stuff is in
Pythonwin\pywin\framework\editor\frame.py, so define a method on
EditorFrame:

def SwitchView(self):
  if self.GetActiveView() == self.sub_splitter.GetPane(0,0):
    self.SetActiveView(self.sub_splitter.GetPane(1,0))
  else:
    self.SetActiveView(self.sub_splitter.GetPane(0,0))

Hook the event into the view Pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\view.py, by
defining a method on CScintillaView:

def SwitchingViewsEvent(self, event):
  parent = self.GetParentFrame()
  parent.SwitchView()

And then in the cfg file attach this to a key:

Ctrl+Shift+E = SwitchingViews

Mark.
--

know{*filter*}!

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Where to find all functions that can be bound to keys in Pythowin

Quote:
> But take heed - if you can't find what you want, you can write your
> own :-)

Thanks. I just might do that.

I the meantime maybe you could give us something on the status of
ActivePython, VisualPython and the other stuff you're working on at
ActiveState?

oivvio

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bind keys to access functions directly

2. tkinter: Passing arguments when binding keys to functions

3. I am trying to find an equivalency to the global boolean found in labview 2

4. Binding behaviour of built-in functions versus normal functions

5. Why am I getting bind errors?

6. I am stuck - Locator on Multi -field Key

7. PythoWin problem

8. Changing key bindings + rebinding keys + what function is C-x C-h bound to?

9. Call Library Function - Function not found in library

10. How to find out name of calling function from called function

11. Find function name in function

12. Repost: I am new to forth (found in comp.lang.c)