ANNOUNCE: Addons to the Linux Python 1.5 RPMS (RedHat 5.0) [Update 2]
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Addons to the Linux Python 1.5 RPMS (RedHat 5.0) [Update 2]

Hi,

as I promised last week I have packaged PIL, NumPy and gdmodule as addon
packages to my linux packages of python 1.5. There are three more RPMS
available, that can be found on

        ftp://ftp.rhein-zeitung.de/pub/comp/redhat

The packages include

        python-gd-1.2
        python-imaging-0.3a3
        python-numpy-1.0b3

These packages are each individual packages and don't need the python
distribution to be recompiled. Now some notes about the packages.

python-gd-1.2
=============

        This package includes a statically compiled version of the gdmodule that is
        linked against libgd 1.2. I believe this to very stable.

python-imaging-0.3a3
====================

        This package includes the latest release of the Python Imaging Library and
        some documentation. This package is considered beta, cause there are still
        some things to test and to do, but it seems to work quite well. I currently
        work on a replacement package for python-tkinter, that includes PIL support
        in Tkinter. I think this will be finished on the weekend.

python-numpy-1.0b3
==================

        This NumPy 1.0b3 is functional and works ok in all my projects. It sucks the
        demos and the test scripts, but I think these scripts are broken. Correct me
        if I am wrong.

I currently work on a installation manual for the whole distribution.

Best regards, Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich, Rhein-Zeitung/RZ-Online, Schlossstrasse 42, D-56068 Koblenz

PGPKey: request the following URL

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Linux Python 1.5 RPMS (RedHat 5.0) [Update 2]

2. ANNOUNCE: Linux Python 1.5 RPMS (RedHat 5.0) [Update]

3. ANNOUNCE: Linux Python 1.5 RPMS (RedHat 5.0)

4. FYI - Python 1.5 RPMs Now Available in RedHat 5.0 Contrib

5. New Release of Python 1.5 Linux RPMS for glibc based systems

6. Linux RPMS of Python 1.5

7. New release of the Python 1.5 RPMS for Linux

8. New Python 1.5 Linux RPMS

9. TclPro 1.5 (for RedHat linux)

10. Update to Linux RPMS of Python 1.5.1

11. Update of Linux RPMS to Python 1.5.1

12. Update release Python LINUX RPMS