changing unix password with python
Author Message
 changing unix password with python

Heya all..

Is there a python module that would facilitate changing a unix system
user's password (preferably via PAM rather than directly modifying
/etc/shadow)?

Thanks!

-Justin

  signature.asc
< 1K Download

Tue, 03 May 2005 20:13:00 GMT
 changing unix password with python

Quote:

> Is there a python module that would facilitate changing a unix system
> user's password (preferably via PAM rather than directly modifying
> /etc/shadow)?

Google is your friend. Asking for "Python PAM" reveals

http://www.tummy.com/Software/PyPam/index.html

If you find you need to make changes, don't forget to contribute them
back to Rob Riggs.

Regards,
Martin

Tue, 03 May 2005 21:26:33 GMT
 changing unix password with python

Quote:
> Google is your friend. Asking for "Python PAM" reveals

> http://www.tummy.com/Software/PyPam/index.html

Thanks.. I actually came across this, but had a bit of trouble getting
my head around it and thought I'd be better off asking a general
question on the list than focusing on a module that may not be the only
or the best..  should have mentioned this before -- my mistake..

Quote:
> If you find you need to make changes, don't forget to contribute them
> back to Rob Riggs.

but of course..

Thanks again!

-Justin

  signature.asc
< 1K Download

Wed, 04 May 2005 00:24:55 GMT

1. changing unix password via www python script

2. changing unix password via www python script

3. Changing Unix passwords from REXX

4. Changing UNIX password from WinNT/95 client

5. Change NT password with Python

6. Password encryption (UNIX)

7. module for unix password database tasks?

8. Apache Password File And Unix File Semantics Question

9. How to encrypt unix password

10. help wanted for PP R4 : password DialogView and unix links problems

11. Change Password over ODBC Connection

12. Executing a change password query