strftime and windows
Author Message
 strftime and windows

Hi all,

I have some really nice code that uses the mxDateTime and strftime to
produce lovely formatted dates. I just discovered that it won't work on
a Win box. Am I missing something, or do I actually have to write a
function to format my dates?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630

Quote:

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 strftime and windows
Don't know how you format your dates or what you use the mxDateTime for, but
the strftime works fine on my windows (2000,98,NT,Millenium).

Quote:
>>>import time
>>>time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d',time.localtime(time.time()))

'2000-02-02'

If there's something special you have problems with, specify and I'll try to
help

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I have some really nice code that uses the mxDateTime and strftime to
>produce lovely formatted dates. I just discovered that it won't work on
>a Win box. Am I missing something, or do I actually have to write a
>function to format my dates?

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 strftime and windows

Quote:

> I have some really nice code that uses the mxDateTime and strftime to
> produce lovely formatted dates. I just discovered that it won't work on
> a Win box.

what does "won't work" mean in this case?  the function
is definitely there, and it seems to work with most standard
formatting codes...

Quote:
> Am I missing something, or do I actually have to write a
> function to format my dates?

if you cannot get time.strftime to behave, you can tweak
the following implementation to suit your needs:

http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=393228953&fmt=text

</F>

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. GAWK: strftime("%z") and portability (which version of strftime is used in compile?)

2. Localized strftime() output

3. unix time and strftime

4. strftime * date calculations

5. Q: inverse of strftime