Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools
Author Message
 Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools

Hello all,

I am new to Python, so I researching python IDEs, debugging, code
coverage, unit testing and mem management tools.  I have found very few
sources of information.  So I figured I would ask the group to reply
with the tools that you know of in the above areas, wheather they are
freely available or commercial products.

I would like to compile a list of these tools, from the feed back that I
receive.  Also, feed back on these tools would be great.

I hope that everyone could learn something new from the results. =)

Thanks for the help,
Jens

Quote:

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools

Quote:

> I am new to Python, so I researching Python IDEs, debugging, code
> coverage, unit testing and mem management tools.  I have found very few
> sources of information.  So I figured I would ask the group to reply
> with the tools that you know of in the above areas, wheather they are
> freely available or commercial products.

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/6433/fid/199

</F>

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools

Quote:

> Hello all,
> I am new to Python, so I researching Python IDEs, debugging, code
> coverage, unit testing and mem management tools.  I have found very few
> sources of information.  So I figured I would ask the group to reply
> with the tools that you know of in the above areas, wheather they are
> freely available or commercial products.
> I would like to compile a list of these tools, from the feed back that I
> receive.  Also, feed back on these tools would be great.
> I hope that everyone could learn something new from the results. =)

I've just got an article published that compares Pythonworks,
Pythonwin, Wing IDE and IDLE on InformIT: http://www.informit.com.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org

Fri, 23 May 2003 14:22:07 GMT
 Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools

Quote:

> I've just got an article published that compares Pythonworks,
> Pythonwin, Wing IDE and IDLE on InformIT: http://www.informit.com.

That'd be wonderful to read, but informit has a broken user
registration module right now (at least for me after many tries) and
requires registration to read articles. Could you perhaps post it
somewhere else?
--
Chris Ryland * Em Software, Inc. * www.emsoftware.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools
Thanks.  That was very helpful.  According to Archeoptyrx's web page, their
Wing IDE is now at commercial release, presumably that means post-beta.  Any
update on its stability?

Also, I would be interested in people's view on the importance of a 'project
manager' for projects involving multiple modules.

- Rick Lee

Quote:

> > Hello all,

> > I am new to Python, so I researching Python IDEs, debugging, code
> > coverage, unit testing and mem management tools.  I have found very few
> > sources of information.  So I figured I would ask the group to reply
> > with the tools that you know of in the above areas, wheather they are
> > freely available or commercial products.

> > I would like to compile a list of these tools, from the feed back that I
> > receive.  Also, feed back on these tools would be great.

> > I hope that everyone could learn something new from the results. =)

> I've just got an article published that compares Pythonworks,
> Pythonwin, Wing IDE and IDLE on InformIT: http://www.informit.com.

> --

> Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org

Sat, 24 May 2003 08:39:44 GMT

1. Test::Unit::Mock: Mock objects for testing with Test::Unit

2. using test::unit for C++ unit tests

3. Seeking beta sites for testing code coverage product

4. Smalltalk Test Kritic (Code coverage tool)

5. Seeking beta sites for testing code coverage product

6. Tcl code coverage/testing tools

7. Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code

8. Test Coverage Analysis for Python scripts

9. Unit testing network code?

10. excluding unit test code

11. Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

12. Software Testing - Test Coverage