Tkinter problem
Author Message
 Tkinter problem

 I recently upgraded my python install (Running linux, glibc2.1) and now
a bunch of my modules - most notably Tkinter - seem broken.  I *think*
the
problem is that I no longer seem to have a site-packages dir in the
python
lib directory (files like _tkinter.so, iirc are missing).  I can't seem
find a link to these or their source on the python page, can anyone give
me
a pointer?

 Thanks in advance, jp

--
No, `Eureka' is Greek for `This bath is too hot.'
                -- Dr. Who

Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Tkinter problem

Quote:

> I recently upgraded my python install (Running linux, glibc2.1)
> and now a bunch of my modules - most notably Tkinter - seem
> broken.  I *think* the problem is that I no longer seem to have
> a site-packages dir in the python lib directory (files like _tkinter.so,
> iirc are missing).  I can't seem to find a link to these or their source
> on the python page, can anyone give me a pointer?

the _tkinter sources are included in the standard Python
source distribution, available from:

http://www.python.org/download/download_source.html

see site and the README file for further build instructions.

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->

Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tkinter, problem when using 2 scrollbars

2. Tcl/Tkinter problem

3. Tkinter problem

4. small tkinter problem

5. strange Tkinter problem

6. Tkinter problem

7. Tkinter Problem:

8. Tkinter problem in sizing a frame

9. A Small Tkinter Problem on Windows NT 4.0

10. Newbie Tkinter problem

11. Tkinter Problem - NameError

12. Tkinter Problem