Information on Threads?
Author Message
 Information on Threads?

Where can I find information on implementing threads,
i.e. examples, documentation, and tutorials?

Thanks!

 -lf

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Information on Threads?

Quote:

> Where can I find information on implementing threads,
> i.e. examples, documentation, and tutorials?

www.python.org => documentation => library
reference => threading module

</F>

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Information on Threads?

Quote:

> > Where can I find information on implementing threads,
> > i.e. examples, documentation, and tutorials?

> www.python.org => documentation => library
> reference => threading module

There exists a book "Systems Programming with Modula 3" by Greg Nelson
which explains the M3 thread interface (which is very similar to
Python's), but also explains a lot of common pitfalls like deadlocks
and so on. Perhaps you can get it from a library.  I found it very
helpful to understand this issues.

See http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/modula-3/html/bib.html#SPwM3

There is also a O'Reilly book about pthreads. I didn't had it in my
hands yet but commonly O' Reilly's books are considered amongst the
best. (With exception of "Programming Python", which is a bit
discussed). I would suspect that at least part of the examples are in
C.

Johannes

Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Threads creating threads creating threads...

2. thread, threading, mutex modules and non-threading interpreters

3. Req: any information about retrieving register information of CPU

4. Non-threaded function in a threaded recursion?

5. Thread.new vs. Thread.start

6. Thread#kill doesn't kill processes inside a thread

7. meditations on threads and thread safety

8. Tkinter and thread (or thread and Tkinter...)

9. threading.Thread.join(timeout=...) considered unreliable

10. Cygwin Python -- Thread or not to thread...

11. Threads in Python version 1.5, thread doesn't start until calling process dies

12. pydoc req thread; readline req NO thread