Visual Python ?
Author Message
 Visual Python ?

Once upon a time, Guido wrote :

"Visual Python"===============(Guido van Rossum, 4-10 Nov. 1994)
Here are my current thoughts about a GUI building environment for
Python, whose code name will be "Visual Python", short "VP".

Any plans in the pipeline about Visual python ?

I'm eagerly looking for a Python GUI Builder (ideally, it would generate
Python/Tkinter code), any suggestions, ideas ?

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Python ?

Quote:
>I'm eagerly looking for a Python GUI Builder (ideally, it would generate
>Python/Tkinter code), any suggestions, ideas ?

Look at http://www.pythonware.com/opal.htm -- okay, you cannot put
much less info on a web page, really...  but stay tuned, we'll post more
info real soon now!

Cheers /F

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Python ?

Quote:

> I'm eagerly looking for a Python GUI Builder (ideally, it would
> generate Python/Tkinter code), any suggestions, ideas ?

I haven't yet tried this, but:

Sun is distributing SpecTcl for free (and with a liberal licence,
too); see <URL:http://sunscript.sun.com/>. On the Python FTP site (or
somewhere) there's a package called SpecPython, which is supposed to
use SpecTcl to produce code for Python/Tkinter. I have no idea how
well it works, but it might well be worth a try.

--

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. visual python

2. Visual Python...when?

3. ANNOUNCE: VeePee v0.2 for GNOME and KDE (was Visual Python)

4. ANNOUNCE: Visual Python v0.1 for KDE and GNOME

5. Project Idea: Visual Python?

6. Visual Python: vaporware or what?

7. Visual Python

8. aka visual python

9. "Visual Python"

10. "Visual Python"

11. Visual Python without ActivePython

12. Visual Python the only game in town?