send data form child to parent
Author Message
 send data form child to parent

is there a way to send any data from a childprocess to its parentprocess?

timo.

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 send data form child to parent

Quote:

> is there a way to send any data from a childprocess to its parentprocess?

> timo.

If on Unix, open a pipe in the parent before forking and execing the child.
The the child can talk to the parent on one end of the pipe, and the parent
can listen on the other.

--
Robin Dunn

http://starship.skyport.net/crew/robind

Need a laugh?  Try http://starship.skyport.net/crew/robind/laughworks

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 send data form child to parent

    If you are on windows platforms, win32pipe has a little more pipe
facilities then does the popen found in posixmodule.  You can spawn off a
process and have all of its standard handles redirected to pipes that the
parent can read or write from/to.  Alternatively, if your needs are simple, you
could just use a popen(command,'r') where command is the command spawns the new
process (ie, 'process.exe args').  Then the other process would write to its
standard output as normal and you could read it using the FILE object returned
by popen.  The popens in win32pipe are basically the same, they just offer the
opportunity to have more pipes redirected.

Quote:

> > is there a way to send any data from a childprocess to its parentprocess?

> > timo.

> If on Unix, open a pipe in the parent before forking and execing the child.
> The the child can talk to the parent on one end of the pipe, and the parent
> can listen on the other.

> --
> Robin Dunn

> http://starship.skyport.net/crew/robind

> Need a laugh?  Try http://starship.skyport.net/crew/robind/laughworks

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL - adding child record from parent form

2. Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.

3. Parent form cleared when EIP child browse

4. delete parent-child record without using form

5. Child browse in parent form

6. I have Update Form (parent file) with Browse List (child file)

7. Update of Parent Form from Child

8. CW4 Writing to a parent file from child file's update form

9. Scrolling form in a parent child situation

10. parent-child in a form

11. Update parent value from child form

12. C4 Losing data on update to a child from parent