Problems in win32all-141.exe with wxPython 2.3.2
Author Message
 Problems in win32all-141.exe with wxPython 2.3.2

When I use win32all-141.exe with Python2.2 on Win2k I get undefined
references to build._safeQQQ from genpy.py. I see a function
_safeQuotedString in build that might be the correct target for this
call. If I change _safeQQQ to _safeQuotedString it appears to work. Is
this what was intended?

Once I have made this change it mostly appears to work but embeding IE
in a wxPython window no longer works. You can see the problem by running
the ActiveXWrapper_IE demo that comes with the wxPython package. On my
system it dies fairly soon after startup. If I comment out the methods
that the IE com uses to do callbacks then it will work.

Thanks for any help,
gb

Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:40:25 GMT
 Problems in win32all-141.exe with wxPython 2.3.2

Quote:

> When I use win32all-141.exe with Python2.2 on Win2k I get undefined
> references to build._safeQQQ from genpy.py. I see a function
> _safeQuotedString in build that might be the correct target for this
> call. If I change _safeQQQ to _safeQuotedString it appears to work. Is
> this what was intended?

> Once I have made this change it mostly appears to work but embeding IE
> in a wxPython window no longer works. You can see the problem by running
> the ActiveXWrapper_IE demo that comes with the wxPython package. On my
> system it dies fairly soon after startup. If I comment out the methods
> that the IE com uses to do callbacks then it will work.

Yeah - not sure how that happened :(  I will release 142 soon.

Mark.

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:33:09 GMT

1. Where do I get win32all-141.exe?

2. win32all-141 for Python 2.2

3. REPOST: win32all-141 for Python 2.2

4. Installation problem of win32all and wxpython with python 2.2.3

5. maybe a self made problem with win32all.exe

6. Looking for ETH TechReport 141 (MacOberon)

7. Scheme Digest V7 #141

8. INFO-ADA Digest - 22 Jun 1998 to 23 Jun 1998 (#1998-141)

9. TIP #141: Multiple Initial-Files in [tk_get*File]

10. Registration errors on win32all.exe installation

11. win32all-129-update.exe - Is it needed?

12. win32all-128.exe availability?