Life imitates ... Monty Python?
Author Message
 Life imitates ... Monty Python?

http://www.*-*-*.com/

"When the woman went back to the pet shop to complain,
the shop owner refused to believe the parrot was dead,
because the customer could not produce the body, and
said maybe it had just been sleeping."

Cheers /F

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Life imitates ... Monty Python?

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:43:00 GMT, Fredrik Lundh

Quote:

>"When the woman went back to the pet shop to complain,
>the shop owner refused to believe the parrot was dead,
>because the customer could not produce the body, and
>said maybe it had just been sleeping."

I really really really hope that the owner was just a Monty python fan and
having some fun.  Please tell me it's so.  Please?

--
Michael W. Ryan

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Life imitates ... Monty Python?

Quote:
>I really really really hope that the owner was just a Monty Python fan and
>having some fun.  Please tell me it's so.  Please?

Well, according to Swedish media, the consumer authorities ordered the
shop owner to give the customer her money back, but he refused, and it
all ended up in court...

(And just after I posted the URL, a bunch of guys started cleaning the
small lake just outside my window...  Guess it's Monty Python week
here in Sweden...)

Cheers /F

PS. Haven't seen anything from the Python conference on CNN yet.
Is there perhaps someone here that has something to report?

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Life Imitates Art

2. Parrot -- should life imitate satire?

3. Monty Python (was: Freeware Python editor)

4. problems imitating C value truncation with Python math

5. Silly Monty Python post

6. Monty Python TV Collection

7. Some Python (Monty) Perspective

8. Does Monty Python know?

9. And now to something different, Python meeting Monty

10. for all you Monty Python fanatics out there

11. MONTY PYTHON - TRIVIA QUESTIONS REQUESTED

12. Monty Python and the Holy Grail Returns to U.S. Theaters