ANN: chess.py 1.0 -- Chess move adjudicator
Author Message
 ANN: chess.py 1.0 -- Chess move adjudicator

I've decided to start releasing most of the python modules I've written
under GPL.  Before I get into ISP transfer hell this weekend, I put
together the first release of a chess adjudicator.  The official URL is
here:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Introduction

    This Python module does not how to *play* chess, but does
    understand the rules enough that it can watch moves and verify
    that they are correct.

Getting the software

    The software is available in a tarball here:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

    The official URL for this Web site is
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Features

    This module has the following features:

    - high abstraction

    - understands various notations, including algebraic, long
      algebraic, and standard algebraic notation (as in PGN); does
      disambiguation

    - supports saving and loading of the state of a game

    - not a trivial move processor; understands the intracies of the
      game

/  \ The more one is hated, I find, the happier one is.
\__/ Louis-Ferdinand Celine
    Kepler's laws / http://www.*-*-*.com/
 A proof of Kepler's laws.

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:49:07 GMT
 ANN: chess.py 1.0 -- Chess move adjudicator
Due to an oversight, the URL to the chess software tarball was
incorrect.  The corrected version is now reflected in the Web site and
is:

        http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/chess/chess-1.0.tar.gz

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/  \ Nationalism is an infantile sickness.
\__/ Albert Einstein
    Esperanto reference / http://mirror/alcyone/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:30:47 GMT

1. Forth Chess Program FCP 1.0 released

2. ANN: Cicada VRML 'Net Chess

3. Encoding a Chess position

4. Chess

5. Forth, Chess, TSCP and WinBoard

6. Forth CPUs and Chess

7. Chess program TSCP 0.5 released

8. ANS Chess from UT

9. Chess in Forth, any recent or notable efforts?

10. Chess in Forth:anyone tried it?

11. Chess in Forth

12. chinese chess