RELEASED Python 2.2.3 (final)
Author Message
 RELEASED Python 2.2.3 (final)

I'm happy to announce the release of python 2.2.3 (final).  This is a
bug fix release for the stable Python 2.2 code line.  It contains more
than 40 bug fixes and memory leak patches since Python 2.2.2, and all
Python 2.2 users are encouraged to upgrade.

The new release is available here:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

For full details, see the release notes at

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

There are a small number of minor incompatibilities with Python 2.2.2;
for details see:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Perhaps the most important is that the Bastion.py and rexec.py modules
have been disabled, since we do not deem them to be safe.

As usual, a Windows installer and a Unix/Linux source tarball are made
available.  The documentation has been updated as well, and is available
both on-line and in many different formats. At the moment, no Mac
version or Linux RPMs are available, although I expect them to appear
soon.

On behalf of Guido, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this
release, and who continue to ensure Python's success.

Enjoy,
-Barry

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:11:45 GMT
 RELEASED Python 2.2.3 (final)
Any difference between 2.2.3 (final) and 2.2.3 (RC1)?

TIA

Al

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:26:15 GMT
 RELEASED Python 2.2.3 (final)

Quote:

> Any difference between 2.2.3 (final) and 2.2.3 (RC1)?

> TIA

> Al

http://www.python.org/2.2.3/NEWS.txt

--Irmen

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:30:26 GMT
 RELEASED Python 2.2.3 (final)

Quote:
> Any difference between 2.2.3 (final) and 2.2.3 (RC1)?

See the top of the NEWS file Barry linked to in the announcement:

    http://www.python.org/2.2.3/NEWS.txt

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:35:52 GMT

1. RELEASED: Python 2.2.2 (final)

2. RELEASED - Python 2.1.2 (final)

3. RELEASE: Python 1.5.2 final

4. RELEASED: Python 2.2.2 (final)

5. RELEASED - Python 2.1.2 (final)

6. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

7. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

8. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

9. RELEASED - Python 2.2 final

10. ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release

11. Python 2.0 final release is out!

12. RELEASED - Python 2.2 final