Tkinter.CreateFileHandler Unix/Windows
Author Message
 Tkinter.CreateFileHandler Unix/Windows

Hello!

I've got a question concering the function _tkinter.createfilehandler.
In the Module _tkinter.c are different places, where it is said, that
the FileHandler-functions doesn't work:

/* Tcl_CreateFileHandler() changed several times; these macros deal
   with the  messiness.  In Tcl 8.0 and later, it is not available on
   Windows (and on Unix, only because Jack added it back); when
   available on Windows, it only applies to sockets. */

I've got an application which uses threads with one thread running a
python-interpreter with a tk-mainloop. I have to send a notification to
the python-thread and want to use a socket for this. It seems okay on
Unix, but on Windows? I need a clear answer.

Pleae reply by email.

Thank's to everyone very much.
Alex.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tkinter.createfilehandler analog for Windows?

2. Tk8.0 on win32-TkInter>>createfilehandler is missing

3. tkinter.createfilehandler

4. Tkinter createfilehandler method.......

5. Moving VW Unix->Windows->Unix

6. UNIX X-Windows to MS Windows?

7. Extensions/tkinter/* vs Modules/tkinter* (was: Python 1.1 w/ tkinter for AIX)

8. Tkinter configuration on Digital Unix

9. Tkinter GUI for UNIX searches

10. Python with tkinter for SCO UNIX

11. tkinter and handling Unix signals

12. Nicer Tkinter on UNIX?