syntax-error with new Python 2.1 and pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py
Author Message
 syntax-error with new Python 2.1 and pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py

Hello,

I've just compiled and run the new python 2.1 version successfully.
But using the pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py scripts the same syntax-error
will be raised in socket.py:

 import sys, socket, string, os, os.path, time, fnmatch, types
   File "/home/gelo/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 251
       total += len(line)
              ^
I've tried several ways to cast out the failure, but it doesn't want
to go. So, has anybody at moment have any experiences with this fault?
Or does anybody know a way to eliminate it?

Thanks in advance,
Georg

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:28:21 GMT
 syntax-error with new Python 2.1 and pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py

Quote:

> I've just compiled and run the new python 2.1 version successfully.
> But using the pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py scripts the same syntax-error
> will be raised in socket.py:

>  import sys, socket, string, os, os.path, time, fnmatch, types
>    File "/home/gelo/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 251
>        total += len(line)
>               ^
> I've tried several ways to cast out the failure, but it doesn't want
> to go. So, has anybody at moment have any experiences with this fault?
> Or does anybody know a way to eliminate it?

I strongly doubt Python said "I've tried several ways to cast out
the failure" ;-)

are you sure you didn't get a SyntaxError or some kind of warning?

Cheers /F

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:42:17 GMT
 syntax-error with new Python 2.1 and pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py

Quote:

>> I've just compiled and run the new python 2.1 version successfully.
>> But using the pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py scripts the same syntax-error
>> will be raised in socket.py:

>>  import sys, socket, string, os, os.path, time, fnmatch, types
>>    File "/home/gelo/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 251
>>        total += len(line)
>>               ^
>> I've tried several ways to cast out the failure, but it doesn't want
>> to go. So, has anybody at moment have any experiences with this fault?
>> Or does anybody know a way to eliminate it?

>I strongly doubt Python said "I've tried several ways to cast out
>the failure" ;-)

>are you sure you didn't get a SyntaxError or some kind of warning?

Hmm, the complete message is:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./pyFTPdrop.py", line 14, in ?
      import sys, syslog, socket,string, os
        File "/user/lgx00460/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 251
            total += len(line)
               ^

Does that clear up anything?

Ciao, Georg

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:05:51 GMT

1. python 1.5.2 cgi.py and os.py error

2. setup.py syntax error building python-imaging

3. fixedpoint.py vs Python 2.1

4. cmdline.py not working in ActiveState Python 2.1

5. trying to run boa: problem with stc.py / stc_.py / stc_c.py

6. site.py, sitecustomize.py and unicode errors

7. NumPy v7: syntax error at line 171 of Numeric.py

8. 2.1 and SocketServer.py

9. Python 2.1 syntax to Python 1.5.2