newbie rfc/mime question
Author Message
 newbie rfc/mime question

I've been slowly but surely fumbling my way through writing an email client
in python as a learning experience. I'm now stumped on something that might
be quite trivial, but has left me going...huh? I have an email message as a
rfc object...and I'm using msgobject.getheader('header') to get the relevant
from, to, subject, etc, but what has me bumfuzzled is how to get the actual
text body of the message minus all the headers. I designed a custom class
that slimmed down a msg object to a from, to, date, subject, and body which
makes it easier for me to work with...but I just can't seem to figure out
how to get just the body. The rfc822.fp method seems to return headers and
everything. If I just missed something in the rfc docs I apologize, and
would appreciate a pointer. Thanks in advance.

-Matt
---------
"You will find that many of the truths we hold to depend greatly on a
certain point of view." -Obi Wan Kenobi

Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANN: RFC 2047 decoding library (MIME format for non-ascii in mail headers)

2. module for pop3: rfc 1939 (and may be AUTH: rfc 1734)

3. Newbie : Python install MIME type problem (I think)

5. RFC: Very Frequently Asked Questions

6. elementary mime package questions

7. smtp/mime question

8. Not a newbie, but a newbie question...

9. Trivial Newbie Question (Newbie)

10. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

11. Yet another question on system calls(newbie question)

12. question on event-generated errors (was Re: newbie TkCon question)