Tcl vs Python in graphics capabilities
Author Message
 Tcl vs Python in graphics capabilities

Hi,

I am working on a project which requires extensive
graphics programming. Plots, barcharts, graphs, trees and other graphical
displays have to be developed. 3-D graphics *may* be neccessary.
Animation will be required.

I have to decide between  Tcl or Python. I used Tcl and
found it satisfactory but I'd like to know more about python
[i.e whether it is better for this task or not] but unfortunately I dont
have the time to check python on my own.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions/opinions you can send me.
Please mail them to

Thank you very much,

-unBeing

Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:41:12 GMT

1. Tcl vs Python in graphics capabilities

2. Python Binding [Was: Re: PYTHON VS. PERL VS. TCL ]

3. Tcl vs Python vs Java :: Apologies

4. Python vs Tcl vs Perl5

5. PYTHON VS. PERL VS. TCL

6. jredford's flames and criticism (was: PYTHON VS. PERL VS. TCL )

7. THANKS: RE: PYTHON VS PERL VS TCL

8. python vs java (vs tcl?) benchmarks

9. Tcl vs Python vs Java :: Apologies

10. Pish3D or other 3D graphics capability

11. tcl optimization tip (tcl vs. python perf)

12. ANNOUNCE: DiET (Dp in ET) Embedded Tcl with Tcl-Dp capability