running Python-Skripts without having Python installed
Author Message
 running Python-Skripts without having Python installed

Hi !

As I am new to python I wonder if it is possible to run Python scripts on
machines, that do not have installed Python.

In TCL, it is possible to start a "wish" in a batch-file, followed by the
tcl-script.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !

Greetings,
                   Frank

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:10:55 GMT
 running Python-Skripts without having Python installed

Quote:

> Hi !

> As I am new to Python I wonder if it is possible to run Python scripts on
> machines, that do not have installed Python.

> In TCL, it is possible to start a "wish" in a batch-file, followed by the
> tcl-script.

> Any suggestions ?

win32/Linux:    http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html
win32:          http://py2exe.sourceforge.net/

Gordon McMillan's page (first URL) explains the concepts behind these
quite nicely.

There's also the freeze utility in the standard Python distribution,
which should work on any platform, but needs a C compiler.

Gerhard
--
Gerhard H?ring
skynamics AG

http://www.skynamics.com

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:10:39 GMT

1. Python Install-Installed Python 2 on top of python 1.5

2. Run python scrypt without python ,

3. Running a Python program on a machine where Python isn't installed

4. Use python without install it.

5. How to install Python without root priviledges ?

6. python hosting without python support

7. Can I run Vi's from TestStand without Labview installed

8. running php-skript on labview 6i HTTP server

9. Help!!!!......Install and run ada 2.07 for winNT3.5 without C++2.0

10. run script without wish installed ???

11. How to run itkwish without installing it?

12. run a python application inside the python shell