Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE
Author Message
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Pour convaincre des clients de passer PYTHON, les arguments techniques
seuls ne suffisent pas, il faut galement donner des exemples de projets ou
de socits utilisant cette technologie.

Il est toujours possible de donner des exemples amricains d'utilisation de
python (moteur de recherche GOOGLE, site web YAHOO, infracture e-speak de
HP, ...).

Mais QU'EN EST-IL EN FRANCE ????

Il serait trs intressant de faire un point !

En ce qui me concerne, je peux donner un exemple trs russi dans le monde
bancaire (traitement des chques en euro) ou le choix de PYTHON nous a
permis d'tre moins cher que les concurrents (temps de dv infinimiment
moins importants qu'avec des solutions de type JAVA ou C) et pour notre
client de tenir les dlais !

D'autres tmoignages ?????

Jean-Louis BERLIET

P.S. : si certains PYTHONISTES sont intresss par une embauche sur LYON,
qu'ils me contactent, les projets foisonnent (PYTHON, ZOPE, ...) !

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:15:17 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE
Making postings in a non-English language will probably result in not
many people answering. Bad English is usually more understood then
French.

Johan

--
        -- Programmers don't die; they just GOSUB with no RETURN --

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:31:46 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:

> Making postings in a non-English language will probably result in not
> many people answering. Bad English is usually more understood then
> French.

Det beror v?l iofs p? m?lgruppen.  Jag ?r n?stan helt s?ker
p? att franska Python-anv?ndare faktiskt kan l?sa Jean-Louis
meddelande ;-)

mvh /F

PS. f?r dom som kan l?sa mitt meddelande:

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:44:57 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:

> > Making postings in a non-English language will probably result in not
> > many people answering. Bad English is usually more understood then
> > French.

> Det beror v?l iofs p? m?lgruppen.  Jag ?r n?stan helt s?ker
> p? att franska Python-anv?ndare faktiskt kan l?sa Jean-Louis
> meddelande ;-)

Well I feel both of you are right, but it would be a pain to read
groups where you could only understand some of the messages because
some elite group are discussing in some language you don't know.
The question from the original poster (as far as my two years of
French can help me) was basicly:
We always hear about Python being used in the US (mentions Google and
a  few other), but what about France? There was a lot more, but this
is the core of the question.
I would like to extend this to Europe (or Asia or Anarctica or any
other part of the world outside US). Where are people using Python?
I can stat by telling that I am Danish, but working with Python in
Ireland (in a job I found through this group).

--
Martin Skott
Software Developer

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:10:51 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:

> I would like to extend this to Europe (or Asia or Anarctica or any
> other part of the world outside US). Where are people using Python?

I'm using it in Israel -- and I'm not the only one. There are a couple
of Zope-shops here too.
--

This is a signature anti-virus.
Please stop the spread of signature viruses!

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:32:58 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE
Been using Python for like 6 months now here in Holland.

Quote:

--
        -- Programmers don't die; they just GOSUB with no RETURN --

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:37:18 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Well... yes, we have computers too here...
Then, an extension to computer is operating system (such as VMS).
And we also use to put some application software on top os OS (such as
Addition-v4.6). And some of the best of us have knowledge in
programming (COBOL-32).
I've heard about some Xinul (or Nuxil, I can't remember...), a kind
of graphical computer-human interface.
And finally, yes we have some Python too. But today, there's some
snow on Paris, and I guess they are sleeping in a warm place of
the Zoo.

*** End of joke namespace:

We are trying hard to organize here an European meeting for
Pythoners. But it's difficult, because there is at least one major
Python event in the US every 6 months...
Have a look at the non-english page on Python home:

http://www.python.org/doc/NonEnglish.html

Marcvs [alias Mais sur le Francaise liste tu veux ecrire
        le Francaise avec aussi]

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:35:11 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE
Being a swede in France I had the privilege to understand both the
original question and Fredrik's comment. And to answer the question: at
Xerox research (XRCE in Grenoble) we do quite a lot of prototyping work
in Python. We find it hard to convince Python developers to move to
Java, and ususally they're back to Python before long.

  christer

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:19:06 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:

> Pour convaincre des clients de passer PYTHON, les arguments
> techniques seuls ne suffisent pas, il faut galement donner des
> exemples de projets ou de socits utilisant cette technologie.

Ich finde, dass Bcher in der jeweiligen Landessprache auch sehr
wichtig sind. Menschen lesen nunmal lieber "schwierige" Materie in
ihrer Muttersprache, selbst wenn sie Englisch k?nnen.

Gibt es eigentlich franz?sische Python-Bcher? Auf

http://www.amk.ca/bookstore/non-english.html

sind jedenfalls keine aufgefhrt... Ist irgendjemand an einer
bersetzung eines deutschen Buchs interessiert :-?

Ciao,
Martin

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 05:54:19 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:
> Pour convaincre des clients de passer PYTHON, les arguments techniques
> seuls ne suffisent pas, il faut galement donner des exemples de projets
ou
> de socits utilisant cette technologie.

To convince clients to switch to Python, technical arguuments are not
enough. One must also provide examples of projects or companies using this
technology.

Quote:
> Il est toujours possible de donner des exemples amricains d'utilisation
de
> PYTHON (moteur de recherche GOOGLE, site web YAHOO, infracture e-speak de
> HP, ...)

It is always possible to give American examples of Python use (Google's
search emgine, YAHOO web site, HP's E-Speak infrastructure)

Quote:
> Mais QU'EN EST-IL EN FRANCE ????

But WHERE IS IT IN FRANCE ???

Quote:
> Il serait trs intressant de faire un point !

It will be very interesting to make a point ["""idiom - sorry,not sure how
to translate this one correctly"""]

Quote:
> En ce qui me concerne, je peux donner un exemple trs russi dans le monde
> bancaire (traitement des chques en euro) ou le choix de PYTHON nous a
> permis d'tre moins cher que les concurrents (temps de dv infinimiment
> moins importants qu'avec des solutions de type JAVA ou C) et pour notre
> client de tenir les dlais !

As for me, I can give an very successful example in the world of banking
(handling checks in EUROS) where the choice of PYTHON allowed us to be
cheaper than the competition (develoment time is infinitely less
important[significant?] than with JAVA or C solutions) and to reduce dealys
for clients

Quote:
> D'autres tmoignages ?????

Any other witnesses [testimonials/stories/case studies]

Quote:
> Jean-Louis BERLIET

> P.S. : si certains PYTHONISTES sont intresss par une embauche sur LYON,
> qu'ils me contactent, les projets foisonnent (PYTHON, ZOPE, ...) !

P.S. : if any PYHONISTAS are itersted in a gig in LYON contact me. Projects
are brewing (PYTHON, ZOPE, ...)

hth
JASON
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:02:25 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:
> Making postings in a non-English language will probably result in not
> many people answering. Bad English is usually more understood then
> French.

Nonsense.. imho this is a narrow point of view.

If you are French and want to find French speaking Python programmers it
makes perfect sense to post here in you own language. If YOU cannot rad it,
then true, you will pass over it. 'more understood' ---by whom?

Only those who can read/write French will likely be suitable. The same
applies for any language.
Thre are so many progammers around the world, for whom English is not therir
mother tongue. I am forever impressed a the additioanl obstacles which must
be over come.. first to learn english then to learn computer programming.

There are many smart people in the world can READ english, especially
computer or science-oriented text, but perhaps cannot write or speak it
well. There are others who cannot conduct a normal converstation, but can
write better englsh than many native speakers.

For Asians, there is an even greater set of hurdle to surmount, because
writing systems and langauge roots have almost phonetic, structural,
sytntactic or etymological connections whatever. For Asians going to UK or
USA, it is very expensive, so mostly on the rich and priviledged can afford
a extended trip whihc allows them to develop fluent language skills. Ther is
a very high awareness and so local english langauge schools are big business
[I don't know about Asians visiting Australia but imagine that is more and
more attractive option]

For example there might be many people right now in Korea or China or Japan
reading this newgsgroup who do not find it easy to contribute, even though
they may be proficient Python programmers.

European languagse are really are very close together. Dutch, Germans and
Scandanavians are famously brilliant for fluent and very correct English.
This is partly linguistic, since Olde English has inherited much from them,
but also cultural.

France on the other hand, is notoriously proud/fearful of losing the
distinction of language. Thus movies and TV are almsot all dubbed. People
lose out because they do not have exposure to even hear english much.
Result: catch-22 [attrappement-22] many young people find it much harder to
learn, unless they are fortunate enough to travel and stay in English
speaking countries, or where there is abundant english use.

- Jason

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:30:28 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:
> Gibt es eigentlich franz?sische Python-Bcher? Auf

Es gibt eine franzoesische Uebersetzung von "Learning Python" und von
"Python Pocket Reference". Aber der Markt kann sicher mehr vertragen.

Konrad.

Rue Charles Sadron                       | Fax:  +33-2.38.63.15.17
45071 Orleans Cedex 2                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
France                                   | Nederlands/Francais

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:05:18 GMT
 Quelles sociétés développent en PYTHON en FRANCE

Quote:

> Pour convaincre des clients de passer PYTHON, les arguments techniques
> seuls ne suffisent pas, il faut galement donner des exemples de projets ou
> de socits utilisant cette technologie.

Bien sur, mais...

Quote:
> Il est toujours possible de donner des exemples amricains d'utilisation de
> PYTHON (moteur de recherche GOOGLE, site web YAHOO, infracture e-speak de
> HP, ...).

> Mais QU'EN EST-IL EN FRANCE ????

Je ne le sais pas non plus, mais je ne vois pas l'interet quand il
s'agit d'argumenter pour Python. Enfin, si les americains ont des
bonnes experiences, ca compte pour la France aussi, l'informatique
n'est pas fondamentalement different des deux cotes de l'Atlantique.

Ceci dit, par pure curiosite j'aimerais aussi connaitre la reponse!

Konrad.

Rue Charles Sadron                       | Fax:  +33-2.38.63.15.17
45071 Orleans Cedex 2                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
France                                   | Nederlands/Francais

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:08:00 GMT

1. reboot en c/c++ ou en asm

2. Consulta (en espa~ol) (responder en ingles)

3. Job en France

4. REPONSE Le Forth en France

5. [Fwd: le Forth en France ?]

6. FORTH en France

7. FORTH en France

8. ANN: Python News in Spanish - Noticias de Python en Espa?ol

9. Spanish Python mailing list - Lista de Python en Espa?ol

10. ANN: Python News in Spanish - Noticias de Python en Espa?ol

11. Python Spanish docs updated/Docs de Python en castellano

12. Python Spanish docs updated/Docs de Python en casstellano