completion on tab?
Author Message
 completion on tab?

Hi,

are there any modules which offer line completion
for interactive python usage? I would like to copy
their behavior in my application with embedded python
interpreter. Thank you for any hints!

Regards
Alex

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 completion on tab?
The module rlcompleter provides this functionality by
making use of the readline module.

Jeff

Quote:
Alex Farber writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > are there any modules which offer line completion
 > for interactive Python usage? I would like to copy
 > their behavior in my application with embedded python
 > interpreter. Thank you for any hints!
 >
 > Regards
 > Alex
 > --

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 completion on tab?

Quote:

> The module rlcompleter provides this functionality by
> making use of the readline module.

Thank you and sorry - I have found the answer in
the FAQ at http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#3.29
(that's why I have cancelled my original posting).

Regards
/Alex

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 completion on tab?

Quote:

> Hi,
> are there any modules which offer line completion
> for interactive Python usage? I would like to copy
> their behavior in my application with embedded python
> interpreter. Thank you for any hints!
> Regards
> Alex

Doubt it, but you can plug in the GNU readline library..

--
        Sincerely,
                Andrei

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. rlcompleter2 <TAB> interactive completion

2. Interactive Console Program with Tab-Completion

3. TAB completion

4. tab completion in cmd

5. CLISP tab completion problem

6. tab completion on clisp

7. rlcompleter2 <TAB> interactive completion

8. Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!

9. Detecting the current tab in a tab panel

10. Tabs within Tabs

11. Win95 Tab/TabStrip - Want to use keyboard navigation between tabs

12. Selecting TAB sheet by pressing TAB key