Python 2.3 and MySQL on Windows XP?
Author Message
 Python 2.3 and MySQL on Windows XP?

Hi All,

Well, laugh, it appears my progress in learning python is going to be
a little more complex than I first thought.

Am I right in understanding that currently MySQLdb isn't available for
Windows to support Python 2.3? This is my primary purpose for Python,
so I'm wondering if anyone knows when MySQLdb will be available in a
version for windows xp supporting 2.3?

Any help immensely appreciated!

Much warmth,

Murray
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Building a thoughtful planet,
one snide comment at a time...

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:11:38 GMT
 Python 2.3 and MySQL on Windows XP?

Quote:

> Hi All,

> Well, laugh, it appears my progress in learning Python is going to be
> a little more complex than I first thought.

> Am I right in understanding that currently MySQLdb isn't available for
> Windows to support Python 2.3? This is my primary purpose for Python,
> so I'm wondering if anyone knows when MySQLdb will be available in a
> version for windows xp supporting 2.3?

I've built the binaries, as usual, and sent them to the maintainer. But
he hasn't uploaded them to Sourceforge, yet.

So in the meantime you can get them from my server:
http://ghaering.de/python/unsupported/MySQL-python.exe-0.9.2.win32-py...

As soon as the binaries are uploaded to the official place I'll delete
them from my server.

-- Gerhard

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:27:01 GMT

1. compiling mysql-python for python 2.3 on windows

2. Python 2.3 + mysql?

3. PB with Python ActiveX Scripting Engine registration (Python 2.2.3/2.3)

4. MswLogo (MicroSoft Windows) Logo Version 2.3 is available

5. REPOST: pyro 2.3 remote.py windows fix.

6. pyro 2.3 remote.py windows fix.

7. ANN: EmPy version 2.3 -- A templating system in Python

8. PIL 1.1.3 and Python CVS (2.3)

9. Remarks to Python 2.3

10. Python 2.3

11. ASPIPython version 2.3 for Python 2.2 released

12. zipfile (Python 2.0) incompatible with InfoZip 2.3?