Can't Read a Lob via DCOracle2
Author Message
 Can't Read a Lob via DCOracle2

Gerhard (or anyone else):

Thanks for the advice -- I've gotten DCOracle2 correctly installed (I
think), but still have lob troubles.

given the following:

import DCOracle2
db = DCOracle2.connect(<connectstring>)
c  = db.cursor()
c.execute("select <stuff> from <table>")
mylist = c.fetchall()

I get a list of lists such that mylist[n][5] is a "LobLocator object".

I can do, say, mylist[0][5].length() and get the length of the lob, but
mylist[0][5].read() returns nothing (well, None).

I don't see any other method that might allow me to read my lobs via Python.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:40:12 GMT
 Can't Read a Lob via DCOracle2
Solved -- one has only to d/l the cvs tree and (re-)build it.

Thanks, Matt!

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:29:27 GMT

1. Suspected bug in DCOracle2 for LOB's

2. problem with LOB's and DCOracle2

4. Help - LOB's in oratcl

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. reading CLOBs with DCOracle2 gives empty string

10. read next after reading record via another key

11. Logo and Literacy (via 'Slow Learners')

12. Get 'ifconfig' information via Python