Alternatives to PIL for jpeg support in tkinter?
Author Message
 Alternatives to PIL for jpeg support in tkinter?

I know that PIL is an excellent package which, among many other nice
and very useful things, enables jpeg support in conjuction with
tkinter.

I'm wondering what other options there are for adding jpeg support to
tkinter, besides PIL?  When using PIL, there have to be minor syntax
changes made to standard tkinter programs in order to take advantage
of PIL's added capabilities (such as being able to manage jpeg
images).

However, I vaguely remember installing a package on my machine and
then making a small, one-time change to one of the *.py files in the
python library directory, and this caused all standard tkinter
programs to work properly with jpeg images without any syntax changes
to standard tkinter programs.  However, I can't remember which package
I had installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:01:58 GMT

1. adding text to jpeg images using Python/PIL/???

2. Can't load jpeg image with PIL (win32)

3. PIL and JPEG

4. Modifying JPEG compression with PIL?

5. PIL: decode jpeg not available

6. PIL (jpeg optimization)

7. PIL: Converting TIFF to JPEG

8. Change compression-rate on JPEG-files using PIL

9. PIL JPEG pixel problem

10. PIL - cannot get jpeg decoder to work

11. PIL jpeg problems

12. Alternative to PIL or other way of resizing/converting pictures