Embedding Python in Windows 95/98/NT
Author Message
 Embedding Python in Windows 95/98/NT

I am interested in embedding python in a WIndows DLL. I'd provide a COM
interface that would allow people to pass in scripts to this COM interface
(either as files or as a string). I'd be using Microsoft VC5. I've tried to
look through the web site and the doc for this stuff but I'm quite confused
about where to go. Can somebody provide some pointers or specific web links?
Thanks.

--

Synchrologic, Inc.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Embedding Python in Windows 95/98/NT
If you have installed the Python source, look at the example in:

    Python-1.5.x/Demo/embed

Work with and extend that example a little.  Then ask some more
questions on this newsgroup.

  - Dave

Quote:

> I am interested in embedding Python in a WIndows DLL. I'd provide a COM
> interface that would allow people to pass in scripts to this COM interface
> (either as files or as a string). I'd be using Microsoft VC5. I've tried to
> look through the web site and the doc for this stuff but I'm quite confused
> about where to go. Can somebody provide some pointers or specific web links?
> Thanks.
> --
> Synchrologic, Inc.
> http://www.synchrologic.com
> T: 770.754.5600
> F: 770.619.5612

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Embedding Python in Windows 95/98/NT

Quote:
>I am interested in embedding Python in a WIndows DLL. I'd provide a COM
>interface that would allow people to pass in scripts to this COM interface
>(either as files or as a string). I'd be using Microsoft VC5. I've tried to
>look through the web site and the doc for this stuff but I'm quite confused
>about where to go. Can somebody provide some pointers or specific web links?
>Thanks.

>--

>Synchrologic, Inc.
>http://www.synchrologic.com
>T: 770.754.5600
>F: 770.619.5612

why not just use Mark Hammond's stuff for COM directly. It does IE
scripts already. see
http://starship.skyport.net/crew/mhammond/bigpond/Downloads.html
--
Robin Becker

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper development for Windows 95, 98 & NT

2. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

3. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

4. AdaGIDE 7.00 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP)

5. Windows 95/98/NT assembler programming

6. Windows 95/98/NT assembler programming

7. Online Tutorial for Windows 95/98/NT applications programming with FORTRAN

8. Online Tutorial for Windows 95/98/NT applications programming with FORTRAN

9. Making A Standalone Executable Under Windows NT/95/98

10. new Common Lisp for Windows 95/98/NT on the web

11. Windows 95/98: Python uses console, not stdio

12. 95, 98 & Win NT