avoid a blocking operation on a (named) pipe / timeout on a pipe
Author Message
 avoid a blocking operation on a (named) pipe / timeout on a pipe

Hi

I'd like to build a module to manage a (named) pipe, without problems if
the operation on the pipe is blocking my program.

I already make a little module that use the "os.fork()" function to check
the time/timeout on the "open(pipename,...)", (and it seems to work!) but
I'm looking for something better. (if someone is interested in, I can post
here my "safe_pipe.py" module)

I'm searching for some info about select.select() but I'm not sure how to
use it... or I'm looking for some hints/modules to make what I want. :)

Someone can help me?!

Thank you in advance.
                                  MAS!

Mon, 31 May 2004 02:48:29 GMT

1. non blocking named pipes

2. Named pipe blocks on open

3. pipe.close -> Broken pipe/DRb madness

4. Turning off pipe buffering, or flushing pipe?

5. Non-blocking pipe read under Windows NT

6. problems with blocking pipes, threading

7. How do I perform a non-blocking read on a pipe

8. pipe channel getting blocked on windows

9. blocking behavior of pipes on Windows

10. How to find out if pipe blocked?

11. How to prevent pipe from blocking?

12. frustrating problems with blocking I/O on a read/write pipe