"Fixing" os.system on Windows
Author Message
 "Fixing" os.system on Windows

As explained in Hammond and Robinson's book, "Python Programming on
Win32," on p. 324, and in Section 6.1.5 of the Library Reference,
os.system() doesn't return the exit status of the process under Windows.

Carey Evans showed a version of system() that gets the exit code under
Windows in his message:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

I hope this could be adopted into the Windows part of the core python
system, so that os.system() will work the same under Windows and Unix.
If there is some reason for not doing this, I'd appreciate it if
someone would explain it.

--
Howard B. Golden

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Fixing" os.system on Windows

Quote:

>Carey Evans showed a version of system() that gets the exit code under
>Windows in his message:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>I hope this could be adopted into the Windows part of the core Python
>system, so that os.system() will work the same under Windows and Unix.
>If there is some reason for not doing this, I'd appreciate it if
>someone would explain it.

Looks like it requires the win32 extensions; I believe those are not
currently part of the core Python distributions.
--

Androgynous poly {*filter*} vanilla {*filter*} het    <*>     http://www.*-*-*.com/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Have you coined a word today?  --Aahz

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. os.system on "program files"

2. "Standard" Windows Mac OS X Menu

3. "system" and Windows

4. Windows NT systems "locking up" randomly

5. "system" extension on Windows

6. IBM system 370 system call "DMXINV"

7. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

8. RTF malfunction "FIX"

9. Hot Fix or Release "F" Status

10. Dirty fix for "lina -c" problem

11. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

12. PostScript hack to "fix" dpANS document