Web interface to Majordomo-likes?
Author Message
 Web interface to Majordomo-likes?

Does anybody know, if there is an interface around there that enables
people to access programs like Majordomo or LISTSERV from the Web? I
just hacked that together last night for LISTSERV (calling sendmail)
sendmail and now I think about generalizing that to be used with the
5-6 most relevant listserv-like programs. Well, if it does not exist
already...?

Using such a thing you can subscribe / unsubscribe from a given list,
get info about it... well, anything you usually do by sending email.
Of course it has a few draw-backs as people could easily sub / unsub
others, so it might be reasonable to use a confimation mechanism on
the respective list, if available...

Maybe Barry as the python sig-master or someone else has that already?
I've seen stuff like that written in Perl, e.g. by iquest.com, but as
usual: I would like a different interface and then, it's plain ugly
-- for the Python-converted.

Dinu

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Web interface to Majordomo-likes?

Quote:
> Does anybody know, if there is an interface around there that enables
> people to access programs like Majordomo or LISTSERV from the Web?

The Majordomo FAQ lists about *eight* different ones:

        http://www.math.psu.edu/barr/majordomo-faq.html#1.7

- j

John Mitchell                "Gin makes a man mean!"
Magnet Interactive           "Everyone booze up and riot!"

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Web interface to Majordomo-likes?

Quote:
> Does anybody know, if there is an interface around there that enables
> people to access programs like Majordomo or LISTSERV from the Web? I
> just hacked that together last night for LISTSERV (calling sendmail)
> sendmail and now I think about generalizing that to be used with the
> 5-6 most relevant listserv-like programs. Well, if it does not exist
> already...?

I have a sizeable mailing list manager that I wrote over Christmas
break that uses the web for the main UI, as well as the administrative
UI.

It was in a state such that I'd be happy to release it except for that
it needed some sort of configuration program for it.  Before I could
get to it, the semester started, and I've been slammed ever since.  If
someone who might be interested in the software might want to help me
out a bit, it could be ready for release fairly quickly.  Otherwise, I
probably won't get to putting the finishing touches on until after the
end of the semester.

Some features off the top of my head:

  o Most standard mailing list features, including:
        moderation, mail based commands, digests, etc...
  o An extensive web interface customizable on a per-list basis.
  o Web based list administration interface for *all* admin-type tasks.
  o Automatic web based hypermail-style archives (using pipermail)
  o Smart bounce detection and correction
  o Fast bulk mailing
  o Multiple list owners and moderators
  o Optional MIME-Compliant digests
  o Nice about which machine you subscribed from if you're from the
        right domain.

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. majordomo@haskell.org

2. rrrs-authors list, majordomo@ai.mit.edu

3. majordomo

4. Majordomo equivalent in Tcl?

6. Techie Tip of the Month - Adding a Simple Web Server Interface

7. Web Connection Servlet Interface

8. Labview interface for HTML web server

9. Keyboard interface, web browser

10. Forth Interface for Zope Web Application Server

11. Web-based Interface for Experimenting with System I

12. Interfacing Poplog to the Web