Python and mSQL
Author Message
 Python and mSQL

Hi

I use mSQL version 1.0.16 on Linux and want to write a script to access the
database. I'm currently fiddling around with Perl and am starting to get
somewhere, but what little I know about python attracts me and I'm wondering
whether it would be a better choice.

What is the current state of a Python module to access mSQL, please?

Regards: Jim Ford

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Python and mSQL

Quote:

> Hi

> I use mSQL version 1.0.16 on Linux and want to write a script to access the
> database. I'm currently fiddling around with Perl and am starting to get
> somewhere, but what little I know about Python attracts me and I'm wondering
> whether it would be a better choice.

> What is the current state of a Python module to access mSQL, please?

> Regards: Jim Ford

Click to
    - http://www.python.org/topics/database/
    - http://www.python.org/download/Contributed.html and seach for
      'mSQL'.  (I found 2 items.)

--William

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Python and mSQL

JF: I use mSQL version 1.0.16 on Linux and want to write a script to access the
JF: database. I'm currently fiddling around with Perl and am starting to get
JF: somewhere, but what little I know about Python attracts me and I'm wondering
JF: whether it would be a better choice.

Of course, my opinion is bias, and python is a better choice. :)

The msql module worked just fine for me when I fiddled with it... That was
with msql verion 2.

--
-----

Tacoma, Wa., USA

key at pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Python and mSQL

    JF> Hi I use mSQL version 1.0.16 on Linux and want to write a
    JF> script to access the database. I'm currently fiddling around
    JF> with Perl and am starting to get somewhere, but what little I
    JF> know about Python attracts me and I'm wondering whether it
    JF> would be a better choice.

    JF> What is the current state of a Python module to access mSQL,
    JF> please?

You can talk to mSQL from python via SQLRelay.

http://www.firstworks.com

^Roman

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. python and msql

2. Python mSQL Module v2.1 for mSQL 2.0 (and hopefully mSQL 1.X too!)

3. msql and python

4. mSQL 2.0 and Python 1.4

5. Mapping python objects into msql...

6. Python/mSQL Interface

7. python<->msql?

8. First release of python mSQL interface available.

9. Python interface to msql

10. MSQL Error 22001

11. importing MSQL table into CW5

12. importing msql or sybase