PyThreadState_Get error again :(
Author Message
 PyThreadState_Get error again :(

I'm getting a thread state error and as described by Mark Hammond I find I'm using some DLLS

Loaded 'C:\Python\python.exe', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVCRT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHELL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ADVAPI32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GDI32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USER32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\python20.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PyWinTypes20.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLEAUT32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Python\win32\win32api.pyd', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Python\win32\win32pipe.pyd', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Python\DLLs\zlib.pyd', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Python\DLLs\_sre.pyd', no matching symbolic information found.
Fatal python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
The thread 0xFFFB2977 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF).
The thread 0xFFFBC73B has exited with code 3 (0x3).
The program 'C:\Python\python.exe' has exited with code 3 (0x3)

It seems that this is win32pipe vs Win95 as it looks like the problem is with popen4 as a
colleague says this is fine with win2000.

    #popen4 gets stderr as well
    print 'about to call win32pipe'
    (inp, outerr) = win32pipe.popen4("xmlv " + filename)
    print 'just called   win32pipe'
    lines = outerr.readlines()
    outerr.close()
    inp.close()
    print 'finished   win32pipe'

I see

about to call win32pipe
just called   win32pipe
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

abnormal program termination

I'm running BEOPEN Python 2.0, Win95 OSR2, PythonWin 134 (with the fixed .pyds).
--
Robin Becker

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PyThreadState_Get error again :(

Quote:

> I'm running BEOPEN Python 2.0, Win95 OSR2, PythonWin 134 (with the fixed .pyds).

I'm afraid that using "popen4("dir")" as the test, using ActivePython
201 (ie, win32all 135), on Windows 98, I can not get this code to fail
either from python.exe or pythonwin.exe :-(

Mark.

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PyThreadState_Get error again :(

Quote:

>> I'm running BEOPEN Python 2.0, Win95 OSR2, PythonWin 134 (with the fixed
>.pyds).

>I'm afraid that using "popen4("dir")" as the test, using ActivePython
>201 (ie, win32all 135), on Windows 98, I can not get this code to fail
>either from python.exe or pythonwin.exe :-(

>Mark.

Well it's your co-author who claims it works with 2000 :)

I can certainly 'claim' that there's something odd happening under
win95. The good news is that we don't need the code any more ie we
brought the calculation inboard.

The crash happens when the output file is closed even when I try
popen4("dir \\tmp"). The command seems to work and the output looks ok,
just crashes when either of the files is closed.

Is there any way to get 135 without reinstalling 2.0 or perhaps there
has been a fix in that? Is it worth pursuing further?
--
Robin Becker

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PyThreadState_Get error again :(

Quote:

> Is there any way to get 135 without reinstalling 2.0 or perhaps there
> has been a fix in that? Is it worth pursuing further?

135 is available stand alone at
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/win32all.html

I would love to know if it is a problem there, as I can't repro on 98.
Obviously, this is not to suggest that 95 has a problem while 98 doesnt.
  I no longer have 95 installed here.

Mark.

Sat, 24 May 2003 12:57:57 GMT
 PyThreadState_Get error again :(

Quote:

>> Is there any way to get 135 without reinstalling 2.0 or perhaps there
>> has been a fix in that? Is it worth pursuing further?

>135 is available stand alone at
>http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/win32all.html

>I would love to know if it is a problem there, as I can't repro on 98.
>Obviously, this is not to suggest that 95 has a problem while 98 doesnt.
> I no longer have 95 installed here.

>Mark.

well the 135 release certainly fixes that problem on the Win95 OSR2
machine.
--
Robin Becker

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get

2. Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

3. Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

4. PyThreadState_Get error with C extension module

5. Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

6. Fatal Python Error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

7. Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

8. Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread with extension module

9. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

10. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

11. ERROR Again: Error 173 with DLLs

12. Embedding Python -- PyThreadState_Get: no current thread