Hard links on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000
Author Message
 Hard links on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000

There was a short thread about a year regarding hooking os.link up to
the hard links that exist for Windows NT.  This can be done for hard
linked files (but not directories) in any OS that supports NTFS (i.e.
Windows NT and 2000).  The convenience function CreateHardLink added
to Windows 2000 does not work under NT 4, of course; however,
CreateHardLink isn't needed to create a hard link.  See MS KB article
Q234727 for details on how to do it:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

It should be possible to hook up os.link and os.stat (which currently
always specifies a single link) to more closely reflect Windows
reality.

The old thread:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
didn't appear aware of the fact that hard links are not Windows
2000-specific, and so even though I'm not a python developer, I
thought I'd drop off this pointer in case anyone is interested in
implementing the feature.

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 03:40:29 GMT

1. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

2. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

3. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

4. looking for windows NT/2000 binary for gawk 3.1.1 (or better)

5. Saving file to Windows NT 2000 volume

6. Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion

7. Windows 2000/NT and batch files

8. Clipper Processor hogging on Windows NT and 2000

9. Novell to Windows NT/2000

10. Windows NT/2000 Discussion List [WINNT-L@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM]

11. Problem with Clarion5 legacy exe and windows NT/2000

12. Problem With Windows 2000/NT