Dummies guide to freeze/standalone?
Author Message
 Dummies guide to freeze/standalone?

Can someone out there give me a direct answer on
how to freeze a block of python script files?
I've written a program that spans several files,
but I can't seem to figure out how to package
them.  I'd like to be able to run this program on
a machine that doesn't have python installed on
it, otherwise what's the point?  Has anyone out
there figured out how to do this?  If so can you
please help me?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dummies guide to freeze/standalone?

Quote:
>Can someone out there give me a direct answer on
>how to freeze a block of python script files?
>I've written a program that spans several files,
>but I can't seem to figure out how to package
>them.  I'd like to be able to run this program on
>a machine that doesn't have python installed on
>it, otherwise what's the point?  Has anyone out
>there figured out how to do this?  If so can you
>please help me?

That might depend on how you managed to write a program that "spans several
script files".

In the normal case, there's one script which imports other modules. Then
 >python <pathto>\Freeze.py <script>
or
 >python <pathto>\Standalone.py <script>
usually just works.

But if you're using "__import__" instead of "import", you'll have to go a
level deeper and hand craft a config file for Builder.py.

And if you're using something like "execfile", well, you've got the source
;-).

-Gordon

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. freeze, standalone?

2. looking for dummy's guide for Clarion Dos Versions

3. Dummy guide to REXX faq required

4. Dummy Argument making a dummy of me

5. To Standalone or not to standalone

6. Expert Guide v0.05 - Norton Guide Reader For Linux

7. Expert Guide - Norton Guide Reader For Linux

8. Is there an IBM Assembler guide for dummies out there?

9. OOPS! (was Re: [faq] Dummy guide to REXX faq required

10. More on APL FOR DUMMIES

11. APL for Dummies

12. INI files for dummies