NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc won't compile Python w/thread support from ports collection
Author Message
 NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc won't compile Python w/thread support from ports collection

Can anyone provide some pointers to information on getting python 1.5.2
compiled with thread support (I honestly do not care, at this point,
which thread library as used) on NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc, from the ports
collection?  I've check all the usual suspects -- the Python web site,
the NetBSD website and bug database, Deja -- with no results.  (Found
lots of people asking the same question, but no answers.)

I'd really love to get Zope up and running so that I can actually start
some development on a prototype site I'm supposed to be working on.

Am I better off compiling the pieces on my own, or should I cut my
losses, wipe NetBSD, and install Solaris 2.5.1?

Thanks in advance.

--

"N race conditions on the wall, N race conditionsa  You take one down,
pass it around, and wait.  And wait some more." -- Bytor in #tribes

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Thread support in NetBSD

2. Compiling Python on NetBSD

3. Python won't compile on FreeBSD 2.5.1

4. Can't compile python w/out threads

5. make test fails under NetBSD/sparc 1.4.2

6. Tk shared library needs -fPIC on NetBSD/SPARC

7. Can't compile gforth-0.3.0 on Sparc Solaris 2.4

8. Thread support in Win NT

9. Threads in Python version 1.5, thread doesn't start until calling process dies

10. FSU threads, Provenzano's threads, and python

11. compiling itcl with threads support

12. checking if tcl aws compiled with thread support