Reading mail using my yahoo-mail account
Author Message
 Reading mail using my yahoo-mail account

hi,

Has anybody tried to read a yahoo-mail account using python? Is there a
module available? I believe I've seen a library for one of these free
web-based emailproviders, just can't remember which one.

Tips and hints.

Thomas

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:30:20 GMT
 Reading mail using my yahoo-mail account
I believe you can (at least I can) access Yahoo Mail using the the POP3
Protocol. You can then use the poplib module to read your mailbox using the
POP3 protocol.

Martin

Quote:
> hi,

> Has anybody tried to read a yahoo-mail account using python? Is there a
> module available? I believe I've seen a library for one of these free
> web-based emailproviders, just can't remember which one.

> Tips and hints.

> Thomas

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:43:25 GMT
 Reading mail using my yahoo-mail account
If you got working code I'll be very happy if I could just take a quick peek
at it. <Wink, wink!! >

NB! Attempts to email you failed. The email bounced.

Thomas

Quote:
> I believe you can (at least I can) access Yahoo Mail using the the POP3
> Protocol. You can then use the poplib module to read your mailbox using
the
> POP3 protocol.

> Martin

> > hi,

> > Has anybody tried to read a yahoo-mail account using python? Is there a
> > module available? I believe I've seen a library for one of these free
> > web-based emailproviders, just can't remember which one.

> > Tips and hints.

> > Thomas

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:23:48 GMT
 Reading mail using my yahoo-mail account

Quote:

> Has anybody tried to read a yahoo-mail account using python? Is there
> a module available? I believe I've seen a library for one of these
> free web-based emailproviders, just can't remember which one.

The following module grabs the contents of your Yahoo mail account and
makes an RSS file out of it. You may be able to use some of the code:

http://www.sspitzer.org/netcenter/yahootochannel.py

Hamish Lawson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:30:29 GMT

1. Using poplib to access Yahoo Mail

2. MS-Mail / Internet Mail / CC-Mail

3. Change e-mail / Cambio de e-mail / Changement d'e-mail

4. send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

6. Yahoo Mail and Python

7. Please remove this account from the mail list

8. Form to make a mail account

9. retrieveing mail from a pop3 account

10. Changing E-Mail Subject Line in Mail/Fax Templates

11. Mail Templates - Attachment to e-mail

12. Returned mail: GoSite mail configuration error