Python and PostgreSQL-6.2 - no go?
Author Message
 Python and PostgreSQL-6.2 - no go?

Hi

I can't make the new postgresql-6.2 to work with python-1.4 and
PyGres95-1.0b. The postmaster (with -d 1) reports:

postmaster: ServerLoop: 1 sockets pending
postmaster: ServerLoop: connect on 4
postmaster: ServerLoop: nSelected=0
postmaster: ServerLoop:         port 4 pending
postmaster: ServerLoop: 1 sockets pending
postmaster: ServerLoop: nSelected=1
postmaster: ServerLoop:         port 4 pending
postmaster: ServerLoop:         handling 4
postmaster: ServerLoop:         done with 4

and python reports:

Python 1.4 (Mar 18 1997)  [GCC 2.7.2]

>>> import pg95
>>> db=pg95.connect('dbhost',5432,None,None,'mydb')

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
pg95.error: PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel before responding.  This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Anyone got any clue? It was working just fine with postgresql-6.1.1
and I have recompiled python with the new libpq. psql is working just
fine.

Is there any other way to make Python talk to release 6.2? (I also
need to JDBC interface, which is new i 6.2, so don't just tell me to

Take care,
Karsten

--
M.Sc.E.E, Sys/Net-administrator, BOFH, Aalborg University, Denmark
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~karthy/ for more information.

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Python and PostgreSQL-6.2 - no go?

Quote:

> Anyone got any clue? It was working just fine with postgresql-6.1.1
> and I have recompiled python with the new libpq. psql is working just
> fine.

I have it working just fine on SPARC Solaris 2.5.1.

I did have initial problems with just postgresql, but using flex
instead of plain lex solved that. Like you I had to recompile the
python module but after that everthing worked ok. Are you sure the
recompile of Python picked up the correct version of libpq?

What version of the postgresql module are you using? I am not sure
which one I am using because it is on my home machine, but I will find
out tonight.

--
Kevan

Old Computer Collector: http://staff.motiv.co.uk/~kevan/

Sat, 08 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python/Python Windows/PostgreSQL/ODBC

2. Excerpt from PostgreSQL Weekly News - Python Support

3. Python/PostgreSQL interface module

4. Makefile.pre.in ?? installing postgresql --with-python

5. Python Interface To PostgreSQL ??

6. ANN: plpython - python integration with postgresql RDBMS

7. Python and postgreSQL ??

8. python+postgreSQL

9. Python and postgreSQL ??

10. postgreSQL and Python