readline completion for python 2.1 on win32?
Author Message
 readline completion for python 2.1 on win32?

I really want to get my hands on a copy of python 2.1 for win32 with working
readline completion. I have found a nice readline port to win32 that works under
MinGW (mingw32) and a readline replacement module that only provides line
editing (no completion).

c'mon people does nobody actually use python 2.1 under win32? life sucks without
completion.

also I have found a python module for python1.5 that uses this readline and
works. why no 2.1 module?

the port I speak of is:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~paul/devel/readline/

cheers, Angus.

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:38:48 GMT
 readline completion for python 2.1 on win32?
Are you talking about command-completion in the interpreter? If so, make
your life even better and use the PyCrust shell.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pycrust

PyCrust supports auto-completion, shows tooltips, and also has a Namespace
Viewer.

PyCrust is included in the latest wxPython release (2.3.2.1) and is used by
PythonCard too.

http://www.wxpython.org/

http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

ka

Quote:
> I really want to get my hands on a copy of python 2.1 for win32 with
working
> readline completion. I have found a nice readline port to win32 that works
under
> MinGW (mingw32) and a readline replacement module that only provides line
> editing (no completion).

> c'mon people does nobody actually use python 2.1 under win32? life sucks
without
> completion.

> also I have found a python module for python1.5 that uses this readline
and
> works. why no 2.1 module?

> the port I speak of is:
>   http://www.is.lg.ua/~paul/devel/readline/

> cheers, Angus.

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:32:30 GMT
 readline completion for python 2.1 on win32?

Quote:

> I really want to get my hands on a copy of python 2.1 for win32 with
> working readline completion. I have found a nice readline port to
> win32 that works under MinGW (mingw32) and a readline replacement
> module that only provides line editing (no completion).

Cygwin Python has readline support.  It Just Works, as far as I can tell.

Cheers,
M.

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:05:42 GMT
 readline completion for python 2.1 on win32?
but cygwin is flaky, is there no MinGW version of python?
Quote:

> Cygwin Python has readline support.  It Just Works, as far as I can tell.

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:54:12 GMT
 readline completion for python 2.1 on win32?
Le 03/01/02 10:54, Angus Mackay crivit:

Quote:
> but cygwin is flaky, is there no MinGW version of python?

Yes, the regular binary download from python.org. Only it's compiled
with Visual C++ instead of mingw32.

It's possible to compile Python with mingw32 if you write a custom
Makefile.

It would be even better to have the mingw32 build integrated in the
autoconf based build process, but that's serious work. It's somewhere in
the middle of my opensource-should-be-done-someday todo list.

Quote:

> > Cygwin Python has readline support.  It Just Works, as far as I can tell.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:04:28 GMT

1. Readline on RedHat 7.1 with Python 2.1

2. readline, python 2.1 and LFS

3. Problem: readline in Python 2.1 on SuSE 7.1

4. wxPython 2.2.5 win32 binary for Python 2.1

5. DISLIN for Python 2.1/Win32 available

6. wxPython 2.2.5 win32 binary for Python 2.1

7. Python 2.1 == Jython 2.1 != Python 2.2?

8. mx.DateTime, win32, python 2.1 troubles

9. cmd, readline, and /path/filename completion

10. readline completion

11. tcl with GNU readline - command completion

12. readline-like command-completion (not-quite-raw mode)?