HTTP 1.1 support in BaseHTTPServer [patch 430706]
Author Message
 HTTP 1.1 support in BaseHTTPServer [patch 430706]

I've submitted a patch to SourceForge that implements optional persistent
connection support in BaseHTTPServer (#430706).  Your feedback would be
appreciated; I've tested it on an experimental HTTP proxy server and it
seems to work well, but it would benefit from greater and wider testing.

The persistence is not enabled by default, since it would break servers
that don't send Content-Length headers.  To enable persistent
connections, set self.protocol_version to "HTTP/1.1".  It will fallback
nicely for HTTP/0.9 and HTTP/1.0 clients, however.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Chris

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:03:34 GMT

1. HTTP/1.1 BaseHTTPServer

2. urllib HTTP/1.1 patch

3. FAQ: Patch for HTTP/1.1 in httplib...

4. httplib supporting HTTP/1.1 [Q]

5. HTTP/1.1 support in 1.5?

6. How should HTTP 1.1 support become available?

7. Need HTTP 1.1 support in TCL

8. HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages

9. PATCHES: Patch Archive Updated http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tcl/patch/

10. HTTP/1.1 server in Python