HTTP or/and HTTPS server in Python!
Author Message
 HTTP or/and HTTPS server in Python!

Hi!

I wounder if someone have wrote a HTTP or even a HTTPS server in Python?

I know that client side of HTTP and HTTPS is avaiable in Python, but how
about the servers?

Yes know about modules for useing python from apache. But I need to use
Python standard alone for this.

SOme1 who have any good suggestions for me?

Thanks

Kind regards

//Tommy

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP or/and HTTPS server in Python!
Yes, there are some implementations:
-SimpleHTTPServer.py in the standard distribution,
-Medusa,
-ZServer(this is based on Medusa)

Best regards,
Arpad

> I wounder if someone have wrote a HTTP or even a HTTPS server in Python?

> I know that client side of HTTP and HTTPS is avaiable in Python, but how
> about the servers?

> Yes know about modules for useing Python from apache. But I need to use
> Python standard alone for this.

> SOme1 who have any good suggestions for me?

> Thanks

> Kind regards

> file://Tommy

> --

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP or/and HTTPS server in Python!

Quote:
> Yes, there are some implementations:
> -SimpleHTTPServer.py in the standard distribution,
> -Medusa,
> -ZServer(this is based on Medusa)

Be warned that Medusa has a somewhat restrictive license if you wish to
use it commercially, ZServer doesn't though.

Ian.

--

Homepage: http://www.gnu.demon.co.uk/
Also see: http://freenet.on.openprojects.net/

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP or/and HTTPS server in Python!

Quote:
> I wounder if someone have wrote a HTTP or even a HTTPS server in Python?

HTTP - *HTTPServer in the standard library, Medusa

HTTPS - <ahem> M2Crypto at http://www.post1.com/home/ngps/m2

--

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Build https server with Tcl http server?

2. Automating http/https pulls using Rexx

3. http to https forwarding

4. PHP Java works with http:// but not https://

5. HTTP/1.1 server in Python

6. Python based HTTP servers