Python script to rename MP3 file using it's ID3 tag.
Author Message
 Python script to rename MP3 file using it's ID3 tag.

My Rio 500 does not display the ID3 tag. Silly Rio.
Had a bunch of MP3 files which had generic
filenames (eg. Classic01.mp3) but had the artist and song title in the
ID3 tag.
So pretty useless for my Rio.
So I wrote a simple python script to extract the id3 tag and spits out
on stdout the commands to rename the file to seqNo-Artist-SongTitle.

Eg. python id3.py *.mp3

This will spit out to stdout the commands to rename the file.

Thought someone else may find this useful.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~calcium/scripts

Chai
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~calcium
--

|  Ob. saying : Software is hard - me

Wed, 14 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Python script to rename MP3 file using it's ID3 tag.
Oops, forgot the .html. Apologies.

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~calcium/scripts.html

Chai
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~calcium

--

|  Don't use Win32. Run screaming instead. - Anonymous Coward

Wed, 14 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Python script to rename MP3 file using it's ID3 tag.

Quote:

> My Rio 500 does not display the ID3 tag. Silly Rio.
> Had a bunch of MP3 files which had generic
> filenames (eg. Classic01.mp3) but had the artist and song title in the
> ID3 tag.
> So pretty useless for my Rio.
> So I wrote a simple Python script to extract the id3 tag and spits out
> on stdout the commands to rename the file to seqNo-Artist-SongTitle.

> Eg. python id3.py *.mp3

> This will spit out to stdout the commands to rename the file.

> Thought someone else may find this useful.
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~calcium/scripts

You may want to convert spaces (in both Title and Artist Name) to
underscores.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Python script to rename MP3 file using it's ID3 tag.
Suggestion taken onboard.
Script has been cleaned up a little to use functions
and modified to replace spaces with "_".

--

|  "Poetry, like chastity, can be carried to far." -- Mark Twain

Wed, 21 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Created a Python module for ID3 MP3 tag manipulation

2. How to modify ID3 tags in MP3 files?

3. MP3/ID3 tags

4. Calrion and MP3 ID3 tag

5. Extension for reading mp3 ID3 tags?

6. IDv2/IDv3 Tag on mp3-files

7. mp3 id3 and genre

8. mp3 id3

9. The tag, the whole tag, nothing but the tag, s'help me

10. ID3 Tags

11. ID3 Tags and realbasic

12. grabbing id3 tags