help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program
Author Message
 help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program

Hi I am fairly new to python. I am supposed to create screens with ncurses,
and I have consulted documentations, but I need some very simple examples to
find out more about structure. I am not sure how to go about it. Can anybody
who can program in ncurses send me example programs?

Thanks

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program
Does anybody know where I can get a curses module that works with python
2.0 on windows?

Thanks.

"Pretend like this is a really witty saying." - Anonymous

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program

Quote:

> Does anybody know where I can get a curses module
> that works with python 2.0 on windows?

if you can live with a much simpler API, the recently
announced console driver might be what you need:

    http://effbot.org/efflib/console/

</F>

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program

Quote:

> find out more about structure. I am not sure how to go about it. Can anybody
> who can program in ncurses send me example programs?

You did look at http://www.python.org/doc/howto/curses/curses.html, right?

I'd like to add a Demo/curses directory to the Python CVS tree.  If
anyone has reasonably small programs that use the curses module,
please let me know.

--amk

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program

Quote:

> > find out more about structure. I am not sure how to go about it. Can
anybody
> > who can program in ncurses send me example programs?

> You did look at http://www.python.org/doc/howto/curses/curses.html,
right?

> I'd like to add a Demo/curses directory to the Python CVS tree.  If
> anyone has reasonably small programs that use the curses module,
> please let me know.

> --amk

I'm working on an automatic uploader using ncurses. Actually it's my
first project in Python but I was just curious how it worked. But might
give some insights too.
The Python2 docs helped a lot, though

Arthur
--
+-+
"Ahh, tireur isol. Obtenez la baguette magique! Utilisez la baguette

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 27 May 2003 00:58:10 GMT

1. Ncurses in haskell

2. ncurses and Gwydion Dylan

3. ncurses development

4. Binaries for Cygwin32 with ncurses and NumPy

5. ncurses

6. ncurses-ruby on cygwin

7. ncurses + redirect output

8. ncurses-ruby 0.7

9. ANNOUNCE : ncrs 0.4a - SCM ncurses interface

10. ruby-1.6.8-preview4 compile fails in ncurses

11. ncurses-ruby 0.6

12. Does Ruby1.6.7 for Windows support ncurses?