DCOracle and lobs
Author Message
 DCOracle and lobs

We have an OCI C external routine (which takes as its argument a blob)
does the following:
- reads the blob into a data buffer; transforms the data buffer
- creates a call-duration temporary clob to store this newly
transformed data
- returns the temporary clob to the calling program
- this routine does not call OCIDescriptorFree() or
From sqlplus, we call the routine as: "select transform(output) from
After the query results are displayed, the temporary lob cleans up w/o
having to exit sqlplus. However, when we run the same query from a
python script that uses DCOracle, the temporary lob doesn't clean up
until the database session is disconnected.

Since the temporary lob is created with call duration, it should clean
up by itself after the OCI call, but it doesn't.  Any insight into
this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:44:28 GMT

1. dcoracle and lobs error

2. How to use DCOracle and LOBs in Oracle 8i ????

3. oratcl and lob

4. Suspected bug in DCOracle2 for LOB's

5. problem with LOB's and DCOracle2

6. Help - LOB's in oratcl

7. Can't Read a Lob via DCOracle2

8. COMMERCIAL: DCOracle 1.0

9. DCOracle 1.1.0

10. DCOracle v1.3.0 Released

11. Installation DCOracle-1.3.2 Problems

12. DCOracle: platforms?