Newbie trying to use Python with Sendmail and MySQL
Author Message
 Newbie trying to use Python with Sendmail and MySQL

I am attempting to receive a mail message, and then push all the data
within the message to a MySQL database.  Is there already a tool or app
that already does this?  If not, is python the best way to go?

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie trying to use Python with Sendmail and MySQL

Quote:

> I am attempting to receive a mail message, and then push all the data
> within the message to a MySQL database.  Is there already a tool or app
> that already does this?  If not, is Python the best way to go?

1) I am not sure if there is a module for *receiving* email (although
mailbox.py in the standard distribution sure looks like one). Assuming
the mail is just a text file on your drive, you could read it in as with
any file.

2) If you're running on *nix, you'll need MySQLdb.py (current version
approx. 0.2.1), which can be less than fun to compile. Search recent
postings for commentary. MySQLdb.py allows you to write standard SQL
strings to MySQL.

--
spenrose at well dot com

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Help -- Python 2.1 - MySQL-python-0.9.0

2. trying using Python to remotely control another Python App

3. Newbie: Using MySQL

4. Newbie: apache+php+python+mysql installation.

5. Newbie:Wants to access MySQL with Python

6. Newbie: Trying to make C calls from within python

7. Is there any way can make me using python with mysql on win32

8. Connecting to MYSQL using PYTHON

9. Tutorial/example using MySQL from python CGI program

10. Help: trying to create python wrapper for cdk using swig

11. Newbie: sendmail / subject woes

12. Fwd: Re: Newbie: sendmail / subject woes