config for Python as the IIS hosted ASP script Lang
Author Message
 config for Python as the IIS hosted ASP script Lang

Hi ALL
Yeb newbie,
Install BEOPen v2.0 on NT4.0
got *.py to run as IIS CGI's
searched the FAQ's http://www.*-*-*.com/
BUT I can't see how to config iis to run python as a script lang on an asp
page
like

<%
import cgl
cgi.test()
%>

What is the secret ??
I thought that the BEOpen WIN32 install would have done the
registry magic

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:41:53 GMT
 config for Python as the IIS hosted ASP script Lang
I used ActiveState Python Build 202 and it all worked
with no configuration - out of the box

--
v.s.babu

http://vsbabu.csoft.net

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:29:58 GMT
 config for Python as the IIS hosted ASP script Lang

Quote:
> Hi ALL
> Yeb newbie,
> Install BEOPen v2.0 on NT4.0
> got *.py to run as IIS CGI's
> searched the FAQ's http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html
> BUT I can't see how to config iis to run Python as a script lang on an asp
> page
> like

> <%
> import cgl
> cgi.test()
> %>

> What is the secret ??
> I thought that the BEOpen WIN32 install would have done the
> registry magic

Nope.  You need PythonCOM, which comes as a part of Mark Hammond's Win32
extensions.  Look up Active Python at www.activestate.com - it's an add-on.

regards
 Steve

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:10:08 GMT

1. IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only

2. ASP, Windows Scripting Host and Object Rexx 2.1 Runtime

3. using com object written in python from iis/asp

4. Python, ASP/IIS, KeyboardInterrupt

5. ideal architecture for Python/IIS/ASP/COM?

6. connect to IIS and debug ASP with python????

7. IIS + ASP + <#@Language=Python#>== performance_hit

8. Python + IIS/ASP questions (modules, namespaces, etc)

9. Trouble with IIS Python ASP

10. Ann: xBaseScript now runs under Windows Script Host, IE, and IIS/ASP.

11. Global object in ASP (calling other scripting languages in ASP pages)

12. Python-Hosting.com: new Hosting Provider specialized in Python